1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

ZZ Top - Driving While Blind

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Dan R, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

Just because it rocks and sounds good. That little ol' band from Texas does their thing and they do it well.

2. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

In my top 3 ZZ Top songs. Along with Francine and Just Got Paid

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Rowdyman likes this.
  3. beerguy

beerguy Tele-Meister

All three of the above on my playlist, plus Balinese & La Grange. And don't forget Crunchy!

4. Mowgli

Mowgli TDPRI Member

An old friend of mine (who eventually became a professional sideman for groups like E,W & Fire, K. Loggins, etc.) and I, when we were in our mid-teens, were up front for a ZZ Top concert after they released "Tejas."

As soon as the house lights came on we sneaked under the stage and headed back stage. There we found a pay phone and pretended to be talking on it until the guys emerged from their dressing rooms. They we engaged in typical teenage hero worship; star struck and grasping for cool words to say. All three of them were very gracious and nice to us; a couple of typical 1970s teenagers similar to the portrayals in the "Dazed and Confused" movie!

Back then they really were "That little ol band from Texas" and their "Tres Hombres, Fandango! and Tejas" LPs were everywhere.

Great song choice!!! I still dig that tune!

Dan R and Rowdyman like this.
  5. xland

xland Tele-Holic

One of my favorites...

Rowdyman likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.