Zippo! Who still has one?

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Once a week I have one of those narrow Black and Mild wood tip cigars on a relaxing walk. (call them my wino cigar).

Man if they still make them in the US I'm going to buy one, damn the cost!

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Once a week I have one of those narrow Black and Mild wood tip cigars on a relaxing walk. (call them my wino cigar).

Man if they still make them in the US I'm going to buy one, damn the cost!

There's a gas station near me that sells Cuban cigars (they've always been legal in Canada). Anyway, their sign outside says...

LIVE BAIT
CUBANS

🇨🇺:eek:🤦‍♂️

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
I have my dad's (60s?) and a couple I bought. I converted the newer ones to butane for cigars. Dad carried one through Europe in WW2. He said he usually silenced the spring in the lid with gum. Ronsons were popular too.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Heh, you could say I have a few... :)

I have different collections, including pinup girls, cars, beer, railroading, Zippo's Collectables of the Year, and musical instrument brands like Fender, Gibson, Zildjian, Marshall, Jackson, all that I could find, like an Ibanez four-surface Tube Screamer advertiser.

If you are interested, a trip to Bradford, Pa is worth it for both lighter collectors and pocket knife collectors, Zippo owns Case knives.
Queen knives were made just down the road in Titusville.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep, I use a couple- but I don't smoke. Always keep a spare flint, in the wadding. There's always something flammable in my workshop, if I run out of 'lighter fuel'......

One of the classic U.S. designs. Functional art- built to last, almost indefinitely.

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
I received a couple from my father when he passed and there packed away somewhere. I haven't smoked in 40 plus years so no need for them to be at the ready.

The Angle

Tele-Afflicted
I don't smoke cigarettes but I do enjoy my pipe a few times a month.

IMG_20220119_091220214.jpg

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a Zippo commemorative USS Clifton Sprague lighter. I don't use it, just keeping it as a keepsake.

Wallo Tweed

Friend of Leo's
Queen knives were made just down the road in Titusville.
I never knew about Queen Knives, thanks for that. i did a search, and they make some very nice knives!

I know that the company that makes Zippo also makes Case knives. I'm planning on a trip to Bradford this year to get a Zippo, and a few Case knives, I will add Queen Knives to my trip.

Zippo also makes hand warmers,

gpw5150

Tele-Meister
I still have my Royal Marine Corp zippo. I quit cigarettes years ago, but occasionally smoke a pipe or a cigar (usually Cohiba Robusto or Monte Cristo short churchill)

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
Nope.
But when I was in the Army back in the late 80’s/early 90’s a few of my buddies smoked and they lit their smokes with zippo lighters.
Damn those things were cool.
Not cool enough for me to become a smoker, but cool nonetheless.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
I never knew about Queen Knives, thanks for that. i did a search, and they make some very nice knives!

I know that the company that makes Zippo also makes Case knives. I'm planning on a trip to Bradford this year to get a Zippo, and a few Case knives, I will add Queen Knives to my trip.

Zippo also makes hand warmers,
My dad had a couple in his pocket knife "collection", as well as a big Case folding knife.

Lost_N_Austin

Friend of Leo's
I have one. I bought it to give to a friend who lives outside Nashville.
I Hope to give it to him when I go to Franklin/Nashville Guitar Show, lighter.JPG

Lost_N_Austin

Back at it

Tele-Meister
I’m sure I’ve got a couple buried in my junk somewhere, used to have one my pocket always….

that was maybe 50 years ago when I was punk ass kid