1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Zero Glide Nut is this correct?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Dacropoly, May 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dacropoly

Dacropoly TDPRI Member

Hi Everyone

On this Zero Glide Z23 nut I bought The bottom stair does not go the whole way to the end of the nut. This is keeping the nut from sitting flat against the fret board edge.

All of the pictures on the ZG site show the stairs going to the end of the nut allowing the nut to sit up against the fret board snugly.

Does any one know if this is this a defect? I am using for a epiphone les paul.

Thanks
    Dacro

Nut 1.jpg Nut 2.jpg Nut 3.jpg

2. jackal

jackal Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Sure looks like a flaw to me. Can't imagine it working like it should like that.

3. Dacropoly

Dacropoly TDPRI Member

Thanks yes I confirmed it is a defect.

4. Dacropoly

Dacropoly TDPRI Member

Amazon replaced my original Zero Glide with one that was also defective. I contacted Gold Tone, and they sent me one that was the same as the first 2, but are now saying that the nut is correct but the frets are not cut properly, and that the nut is not listed properly on their website.

Has anyone else had this many problems with these things?

5. LeDocteur

LeDocteur Tele-Meister

Were you able to solve your problem?

I am just about to try one on a Fender and the question occurs to me what happens when the fret gets worn? Apparently the fret is made from special wire with an offset tang. I don't see where they offer replacements.

6. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I just buy the grooved Tusq or Bone nuts without any issue and they require very little work if any at all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.