1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Zelda Telecaster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Keeler, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Keeler

Keeler TDPRI Member

Just wanted to show off my recently finished build, the body is poplar and Plaid Sabbath made it back when he was selling bodies (from the reranch forums).

[​IMG]

I made the curly maple neck and bought the fretboard with inlay off eBay some time ago. I used the tutorial on Talkbass for fiber optic fret markers (I used 1/16 brass tube and somewhat larger fiber optic strands).

[​IMG]

Gold evo fretwire, the finish is actually Target Coatings EM1000 sealer mixed with PaintwithPearl, I liked the way it came out so much I decided not to clear it and it's held up well. Kind of a matte metallic gold.

Aaron at Rumpelstiltskin pickups wound me up a 13k Alnico V for the bridge, I unofficially dub it the "Rumpelstiltskin Nightmare" it's hot, clear yet beefy enough to sound close to a humbucker.

The pickguard was laser cut by Ponoko, and the leds are fired with an AA battery holder under the control plate, the control plate is fastened by machine screws and threaded inserts for easy removal.

Lastly just wanted to show something I am working on this minute, it's TCP Kamen Blue .008 flake being shot with Target's EM9000 through a harbor freight gun over a blue/white mixol EM1000 base. Coming out decent.

[​IMG]

2. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

Very cool, looks just like how a Nintendo-approved Zelda guitar would look.

Have you played this tune on it yet?

3. Funkysmell

Funkysmell Tele-Meister

Such a cool idea, I grew up playing those games but never would have thought of making a Zelda themed guitar. Neat color scheme and I really like the fretboard inlay you picked out, reminds me of the Forrest in the Ocarina of Time.

4. bob1234

bob1234 Tele-Afflicted

Thats dangerously cool man!

Not sure how i feel about a 13k single coil haha, any chance for sound clips?

5. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Yes,
    Aaron at Rumpelstiltskin winds some sweet pups. Before I started winding he did a period correct pup for my Snakehead with 43 AWG wire and A3 mags. That pup is in there for good!
    Rob

6. oramac7891

oramac7891 Friend of Leo's

That Zelda guitar is incredible. Very nice work, I love it.

7. Greg M

Greg M Tele-Holic

Nice guitar. I will give you a small bag of orange rupees for it.:D

8. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

9. Keeler

Keeler TDPRI Member

Haha I hadn't seen that before :D

Thanks, I wonder why some company doesn't make large acrylic rupees, they would at least be good for looking through like Lone Watie says.

Thanks man!

Yeah this is my first Rumpelstiltskin pup and it's great, I asked Aaron to wind me an 8 string single coil and he said yes to that recently :twisted: Also I want to try his more traditional strat and tele pups at some point.

Thanks! Yes to sound clips but not right away :mad: I was supposed to buy a DAW and mic last month but ended up buying pickups and two gallons of clear coat instead haha ... I hope to budget it in this month, I will def do some clips with this guitar/pup and update here. Psyched to do my own recordings for the 1st time.

Thanks, you're right about the Ocarina forest, I was also thinking of the vines on the NES version intro screens.

Thanks and you wouldn't believe this: I've never played Majora's Mask :confused:

I've played them all, well except the weird Philips CD ones, but I managed to skip that one and I hear about it all the time. My game backlog has been so huge I was hoping maybe I'd wait it out for a 3ds/HD remake... but I may have to bite the bullet and finally play that one and that would definitely be a cool tune to riff off of.

10. EricIndecisive

EricIndecisive Tele-Meister

Love this! Ocarina of Time is my favorite game I've ever played... I probably still remember where all the skulltulas are haha. Majora's mask is great too, you should definitely play it. It's a bit trippy and a bit more morbid than the others. But there's a reason for that, if you look up the underlying theme of what the game is really about. I couldn't imagine figuring out all of the side quests without a strategy guide though.

11. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

It's probably the most intense Zelda in terms of story, really worth playing.

The reason I posted that track is that Link plays guitar on it!

12. allen082

allen082 Friend of Leo's

That's a really cool guitar. Thanks for sharing!

13. Lenderman_k

Lenderman_k Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

That guitar looks great. I'm a big Zelda fan. Can't wait for Nintendo to reveal the new game at E3 this year.

14. Captain Nutslot

Captain Nutslot Friend of Leo's

Huge Zelda fan here. I friggin love it! :)

15. Ironbird

Ironbird Tele-Holic

I was a gamer but never really got into Zelda, but that Tele...damn!

16. Greg M

Greg M Tele-Holic

Impossible!

17. Keeler

Keeler TDPRI Member

I bet that's why people keep telling me to play it :cool:

Thanks so much everyone for the compliments on it, this is the second in a series of "gaming inspired" teles for me, the next one should be a Donkey Kong 7 string tele, or the "Barrelcaster" hehe.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.