Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by 1bad914, Oct 6, 2020.
Yes, I don't like the knob in that place, and I wanted master tone and volume wiring.
Of the 16 acoustics that I have built, only one has been a cutaway and I ended up making it a florentine because I cracked the side. I have no use for a cut with my style of playing and I actually prefer 12 fret guitars. Most of the wood I have left to build with is either pretty expensive or pretty highly figured, I'm just not going to risk it for something that I don't need.
I thought about a Florentine, they look really neat. I have Takamine cutaway already, I use it for finger picking. The action is set very low. I agree that I don’t really get down to that area often. Just a couple songs I play.
As usual it has been awhile since I have updated this. I added an end graft.
Superb , still on the fence here but you have learned well Grasshopper . On those Macefferi I know for a fact some were done with a walnut block where that sharp turn on the cutaways. I did 4 grand auditoriums the same way. The grain on the blocks matched so well I couldn't tell on half and I built them . I never built bigger (16" lower bout but you go guy . Would love to hear them
This wood was not very cooperative when it came to bending. It fought me. I went ahead and glued the sides together and stuck it back in the form for about 8 weeks. It was still wanting to twang out more than I liked. Especially around the waist. So I wet the sides down, stuck it back in the forms with large blocks at the waist, then clamped the upper and lower boughts in tight. Let it set for a couple of days. It worked well, the wood had been tamed. Lol
Parts arrived so I fired this build back up. Top pieces edge shot and glued together with my newly built gluing jig. Next is a run through the thickness sander. The back is receiving braces.