Yup....

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Hendrixlvr, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Or it could read, "I may be old.....but that doesn't mean your music DOESN'T suck."
    As well as "Pull up your pants......cover up those hideous tattoos.....(and) take that ridiculous spikey thing out of your lip/tongue/cheek" !!!!!

Telekarster likes this.
  3. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Pull up your pants - That one is confusing. Just how did someone ever get the idea that have pants down to your knees makes you look cool? It looks like a circus clown, without the over sized shoes?

Tattoos - The problem here is that once tattoos meant something. If you had a tattoo, you probably lived through some pretty heavy sh*t. You had probably seen and experienced things most people couldn't even imagine. As well, if you had one, you were something of a pariah, and people would generally react negatively to them. They were a social stigma. Now every soccer mom, corporate executive and sorority girl has them. They've been rendered meaningless, tame and socially acceptable.

Tattoos, like rock and roll (and blues) once scared the squares (or straights). How do you scare the squares and straights now?

So back to the button in the OP, it's not a matter of music being loud, it's a matter of it making the right people uncomfortable because of something other than its volume level.

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

your parents said that about you...and their parents said that about them...music is art...how can it suck...lighten up....listen to what you like...let the kids listen to what they like

5. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

your not supposed to like or think its good...your parents said that about you...and their parents said that about them...music is art...how can it suck...lighten up....listen to what you like...let the kids listen to what they like

6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I'm certainly not saying they CAN'T listen to what they like, but that doesn't mean that by any intelligent evaluation it's good. Yes, our parents didn't like most of what we did.....their parents didn't always like what THEY did (jazz, swing, Sinatra, etc.) but that music (most of it) has shown to have some validity and staying power. I acknowledge I may be WAY off base, but I wonder if the guys who are playing the senior facilities in fifty+ years are gonna be doing songs like I Like Big Butts! and many of the super vulgar songs popular today. Yes, there are songs that I don't care much for that AREN'T nasty and repulsive, and those will likely be remembered fondly.
    But I still say I've EARNED the right to render judgement on good and bad music.....and I will exercise that right at will! :)

Telekarster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.