1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Yup. I got a fever. And the only cure is.....another TELE

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by THRASHOCASTER, Jan 24, 2013.

1. THRASHOCASTER

THRASHOCASTER Tele-Meister

So, i'm prepping another body for a build. Actually The prep is done and I am pleased with the first coat of stain. This is an OLD can of stuff I mixed up when I was refinishing Simonov carbine stocks, to give them that golden glow that Soviet rifles used to have. The body is pine, with a worm-eaten ash cap, and a mahogany stripe, right down the middle. Goes all the way thru, front and back. Not my normal cup o' tea but, it's growing on me. I'm waiting on a vintage neck with a skunk stripe on it; planning on finishing it in similar fashion as the body. I know the skunk stripe might ruffle some feathers, but I felt this build almost demanded it.

To accentuate the continuity between body and neck, I'm gonna try using neck bushings instead of a plate. Wish me luck. I dont know if the pine is dense enough to hold up, but I guess I'll find out.

I have decided to use a clear p.g. I'm mean, look at the grain. I wanna be able to see it. Haven't got the electronics sorted yet. Dont know if I wanna get too ambitious. Here's some pics of the body.

Attached Files:

2. JurassicCactus

JurassicCactus Tele-Meister

Really pretty man can't wait to see it all finished. Might look cool with a brass or gold neck plate?

3. coloradojeff

coloradojeff Tele-Holic

NIFTY... I LIKE the stripe. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

4. THRASHOCASTER

THRASHOCASTER Tele-Meister

I did think about all gold hardware. Still haven't ruled that out. Winter time project's progress rather slowly. My paint shop is not heated.

5. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

I was sure the cure was ... more cowbell.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.