Your songs for a road trip

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Years ago - mid 90's - a couple of times a year we would load the kids into the car and head down to Cornwall to visit friends for the weekend.

Typically it would be a 4 or 5 hour drive, and some of that would be spent dealing with a carload of kids, but one album that always featured on those trips in the dark down the A470/M4/M5/A38 was Underworld's hypnotic 'Dubnobasswithmyheadman' at a probably inappropriate volume.

Here's the first track from that:

Good times.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
The Spotify algorithm threw this one at me when I was driving down the motorway on Saturday. I ended up putting it on repeat 3 or 4 times, it seemed to fit the rubber on tarmac mood.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
This entire album is some of the BEST truck-drivin' music EVER!

1657065293517.png

StratDal

Tele-Afflicted
Heard this a few times driving through the California desert. Once was early morning (still dark) on my way to Mammoth for a snowboard weekend. Spun it twice. I was so at peace. Good times!

Crafty Fox

Tele-Afflicted
True story:

In 1973, my girlfriend moved from Florida to Maine. I told my parents I had a buddy that would drive up there with me (I didn't). The other guitar player in my band gave me a mix tape (on 8-track) and said don't listen to it until I take off. I was 17, driving a Triumph GT-6 sports car, and I had my Martin 000-18 in the back. The first song was by Canned Heat.

17, and you had a GT6 and a Martin and a GIRLFRIEND!!! :oops:
I grew up in the wrong country.
Good music too.;)

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
Ruunin' on Empty. Used to play that Jackson Browne concert on cassette on my 500 mile drive home from where I worked.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In my family, the driver picks the tunes. Last time, I was playing "Rollin'" and my wife jabbed me with her elbow and accused me, "you're thinking about the dance, aren't you?"

How did she know?