Your signature rig(s)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Sep 18, 2019.

1. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

I like the cut of your jib, good sir!

Geoff738 likes this.
  2. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

I love my Tele but...
    Most gigs involve a bag full of harmonicas, a Shure Green Bullet mic, my Fender Champ lap steel, and my Victoria 20112 amp with a Celestion alnico speaker.

The other gear gets played too, but mostly at home.

verb boten and RetroTeleRod like this.
  3. felis

felis Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I usually/mostly fall back on this TwilighterRI (and the pedals) with the Tokai TE80R.

teleman1, alathIN, beagle and 11 others like this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

For the last couple years it's been a Godin Nylon multiac through a Fishman Loudbox Mini, and then more recently with a Zoom G3Xn in between. TOTALLY satisfied with that rig, but I'm swapping over to the DPP 335 for a year or so, through my Tweaker 15-watter.

dpp.jpeg

5. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

4pickupguy likes this.
  6. dsouza

dsouza TDPRI Member

My signature rig is a USA strat special, into a line 6 helix Hx, into a voxac10c1.

As far as I’m concerned I can get any sounds I want out of this rig.

www.youtube.com/u2adrian1000

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    RetroTeleRod likes this.
  7. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks! I actually had a guy call me last week about converting a guitar he had just bought. At first I was just going to supply the missing bits, machined control plates, machined pick gaurd, etc. Then he asked if I would wire it up and assemble it for him which I eagerly agreed to. I must have come across too eager and scared him off as I haven't heard from him in a couple of days.:(.... I was going to do the work in exchange for a couple of guitar straps (he was a ceo of a custom guitar strap co) mostly because I am in the process of making another red one for myself. Oh well, so close, maybe someday....

8. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

This:

super 400 and friend.JPG

My other is the same amp w/my #1 parts telecaster with DOD Looking Glass O.D. Rambler FX Twin Bender Fuzz and TC Electronics Alter Ego v2. Delay for the more hard rock sounds.

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a bigger amp that I take to some shows but lately I've kept it very utilitarian. We mic everything so the bigger amp is becoming a home furnishing.

BJ and one of several Telecasters. Sometimes an SG also comes out.

[​IMG]

This is the giggity board. It's silly big but I can get 4 levels of overdrive and I really use all of them going from Tom Petty to the Black Crowes to Lit. The chorus could go but there are a couple Gin Blossems/80's pop songs where just a little bit works well.

[​IMG]

I can carry all of this in one trip.

RetroTeleRod, gwjensen and felis like this.
  10. trahx

trahx Tele-Meister

2007 Tele 0016sm.jpg

Flakey and RetroTeleRod like this.
  11. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Pretty sure I've posted this before, my 73 blonde into my 66/67 Pro Reverb. There are other guitars and amps and pedals I really enjoy, but if I got to play just one more gig on just one rig this would be it.

20190522_184553.jpg

Vfc13, Flakey, verb boten and 3 others like this.
  12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

My “signature” bass rig is a MIK PRS SE Kestrel bass with Kinman noiseless pickups and T/I flats into a GK 1-12 combo with a 1-12 extension cabinet.
    The amp is about 250W RMS.
    In my 25 years of bass playing, it’s easily my best rig!

Flakey, verb boten and felis like this.
  13. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic

I change up my three electrics depending on which one’s speaking to me at the moment. Right now, it’s my Tele. At my last gig earlier this month, it was my Firebird.

My VintageTone 6G2 clone is a newcomer, but it’s my go-to. Features a 12” Eminence Maverick. Great touch.

I’ve been using a fairly substantial pedal board (7 pedals), but I’m leaning toward using only my Deltalab pseudo-TS overdrive for my second-guitarist role in this really promising Seger tribute project I’ve been working with. I mean, come on. Does a second guitarist really need wah and delay (among other things) to reproduce vintage Bob Seger?

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  14. Gigante_Miguel

Gigante_Miguel Tele-Meister

My usual gig set up these days, a paisley partscaster, an 82 Fender tele, a Vox AC15, and a couple of pedals
    B6251C4E-4EEA-4DB3-A84F-916E528A3D09.jpeg 1C8C217F-C0FC-494A-8B7D-6ACECAEE9B43.jpeg 986909C0-5ECE-475A-A0D2-6AAC43D274AF.jpeg

15. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Cool! :cool: The two collectible Teles I'd look hard at if money were no object would be a '53 (my birth year) and a '73, the year I got married.

I've got a '73 blonde story, in a way a kind of one-that-got-away story. Six years ago, a few days before my 40th wedding anniversary, my wife and I took a trip that included some time visiting family, namely my mother and younger brother on our family farm, and my sister living in the nearby town. My kid brother's also a guitar player, so he took me to the guitar store in town that was his hangout. Can't remember the name of it now (something Biblical, like "Joshua & Caleb's"), and it's closed. :(

Anyway, when we went in there, they had a '73 Tele and a Silverface Drip Edge Bandmaster head and cab (2x12, I think, don't remember the year of the amp, and I didn't get a pic). They had just been taken in to the store. I don't know/remember the specifics, but they were not ready for sale. I don't remember all the issues they were working on, but they obviously had the pickguard off. Still, once I started salivating, they let me plug it in and try it out. My brother grabbed another guitar and plugged into another amp, then a third guy in the store (a stranger to me, but IIRC, my brother knew him) grabbed a bass or something, and the next thing you know, we had an impromptu jam in the store.

The '73 didn't play as well as my Logan Custom teles, but I made allowances for that, seeing as it was being worked on. But it sure was fun playing that slab of blonde history! Since the guitar and amp had just been taken into the store, they weren't priced, and I didn't even ask. Truthfully, I wasn't interested in the amp, and I figured the Tele would be priced a couple of grand once it was brought back up to speed. It would have been a happy early anniversary present to myself, but my wife, not so much! Discretion got the better part of valor that day. But I did have my fun with "the blonde that got away," all the while keeping my marriage vows in tact! :twisted:

'73 Blonde Tele - 1.jpg '73 Blonde Tele body.jpg '73 Blonde Tele headstock.jpg

16. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Tele-Meister

Cheap (but rodded) Tele, maybe a Big Muff, maybe a Bad Horsie 2, and a big furry valve amp.

verb boten and RetroTeleRod like this.
  17. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's

Mine would be the Tele my dad and I built from flamed (top) and spalted (back) maple back around 1981. I had to sell it during a particularly low point back in the early 90s. I'd have that plus a Rat, and a JC120 as the Amp. Talk about an 80s rig! Lol

RetroTeleRod and verb boten like this.
  18. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

I always regretted letting go of a '69 blackfaced Bassman into a Fender 2 x 15 cab, just huge sound but sadly, sizetoo.
    If i could replace the Pro Jr, it would be a classic Fender RI...i'm dying to get my hands on one (deluxe reverb RI mebbe?)

19. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I guess this one is about as signatured as you can get. @LGOberean, if we ever meet up on the road with our trailers, this guitar and the rig I showed above with Ol' Simple will be with me:

arty nonch.jpg

The Darigold crate (in my earlier post) carries a Fender Mini Passport and a rechargeable battery with AC output that lasts a long time, with room left over for earphones and my bag of miscellaneous gee-gaws.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    RetroTeleRod, felis and LGOberean like this.
  20. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

IMG_0873[1].JPG

RetroTeleRod likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.