Your Rig, tonight!!!

dreamingtele

Friend of Leo's
I have a gig tomorrow.. so I was doing a bit of practicing, re-strung and cleaned my guitar, checked my presets/patches in my CabM+ - not pictured (I have an amp-less set up and go direct), and basically going over the songs again and try to practice some riffs here and there (I’m bad at improvising) - basically my pre-gig ritual the night before..

So anyway, before I tuck these guys away in their cases and put them in the door; here’s my rig tonight!

Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

Whats your rig looking tonight? Doesnt matter if you dont have a gig, or just practicing or maybe tucking your guitar in beside you in the bed, post yours!!!

Btw, I’m capping the night off with this guy before I go to sleep!

Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Mine for the day will be my ‘52 FSR RI Tele and my Heritage 575 Custom into my Musicmaster Bass amp that lives under my desk. I’ll be using this set up for practicing for my jazz lesson.

EA15A9F7-5287-494C-BF84-37AEEE733188.jpeg

I will move on later to my mid ‘90’s Blues Deluxe (my main amp, a Headstrong Lil’ King S blew a fuse last week and is out for repair) and the pedal board I’m trying to reconfigure for band practice next Friday.

4CB12E32-7F33-419B-B39F-C03C873097CB.jpeg

My state is being hit with a Nor’Easter/blizzard today so I have no place to go except occasionally outside to move snow. I’m hoping to get some productive playing time.

dreamingtele

Friend of Leo's
Mine for the day will be my ‘52 FSR RI Tele and my Heritage 575 Custom into my Musicmaster Bass amp that lives under my desk. I’ll be using this set up for practicing for my jazz lesson.

View attachment 945687

I will move on later to my mid ‘90’s Blues Deluxe (my main amp, a Headstrong Lil’ King S blew a fuse last week and is out for repair) and the pedal board I’m trying to reconfigure for band practice next Friday.

View attachment 945689

My state is being hit with a Nor’Easter/blizzard today so I have no place to go except occasionally outside to move snow. I’m hoping to get some productive playing time.

Beautiful rig sir!!

Love that 575! I want one too, as I’m gas’ng for a 175 but i really want to try one first!

Also, thats the first time I saw a musicmaster bass amp!! Is it tube? How does it sound?!

JoeNeri

Friend of Leo's
Gig tonight. 4-piece blues/classic rock band. 3 hours.

1983 Telecaster with Rio Grande Dirty Harry pickups.

Korg Pitchblack tuner
Big Joe Rock distortion/overdrive
Modded Tubescreamer clone by Dongeomac (1st time gig)

1970 Bassman head built into a custom cabinet with 2x10 Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.

0F3C720B-DDBB-4C01-9BAA-C6E45AD6A9CD.jpeg 07745B2C-E18F-49DF-A3E1-BAD28A741902.jpeg C568BF2E-E298-4CB9-B743-02EA026BC92E.jpeg

dreamingtele

Friend of Leo's
Gig tonight. 4-piece blues/classic rock band. 3 hours.

1983 Telecaster with Rio Grande Dirty Harry pickups.

Korg Pitchblack tuner
Big Joe Rock distortion/overdrive
Modded Tubescreamer clone by Dongeomac (1st time gig)

1970 Bassman head built into a custom cabinet with 2x10 Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.

View attachment 945696 View attachment 945697 View attachment 945698

What a solid rig sir! That tele looks amazing!!

And those 70’s Silverface Bassmans rock!!

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
Resonator!!!

Ive always been intrigued with these but never really pulled the trigger on one!!
I think you need to pull the trigger. No violent recoil and hits the spot every time.Great instruments with tons of harmonics and tone. I use .016-.056 phosphor bronze and get a great warm, round jazz tone to all other tonal points. A Mule or National steel or brass tricone would work well with your Gibson ES 330. Hard to beat that tuneful duo. IMHO.

Last edited:

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Played a crappy weather/snow night gig last night to about 10 regulars at a local Eagles Club. First time at this one, and the folks there loved us! ( we started early, ended early because of weather- but full pay!)

Classic Rock & Roll (no hard rock)/Blues/Country Trio- gotta keep old patrons happy! We are pretty good at jamming a bit with old standards.

I left my pedalboard in the trunk, and did not want to go back out and get it.
So used my Stratocaster into the Lead channel of my Fender Frontman 25R amp ( sounds very good w/speaker upgrade)- pretty good clean<>dirty control just from guitar Volume knob.
Plus there is just some great about my Strat's bridge pickup ( which does have a Tone control, unlike stock) gets along with this amp.

* so NO pedals- thank goodness for amp Reverb, and headstock tuners!

Attachments

• 20200420_151903.jpg
    20200420_151903.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201010_200155.jpg
    20201010_200155.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 28

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Beautiful rig sir!!

Love that 575! I want one too, as I’m gas’ng for a 175 but i really want to try one first!

Also, thats the first time I saw a musicmaster bass amp!! Is it tube? How does it sound?!
Thanks! I love my 575. My teacher has a 175 which is nice but the body is thicker so it feels like an acoustic. I've dated the MB to '76 and bought it off my teacher who rescued it from being thrown away at his school. It's tube (6V6) and sounds a little dark for guitar but seems to warm up to the ear after I've been playing a while. It has a Univox speaker in it which I'm pretty sure isn't original. I found some mods online which I might do one day along with a speaker upgrade but for now I'm enjoying it the way it is.

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter

Mr Perch

Tele-Afflicted
I have simplified. My D'Angelico EX SS goes into a Mustang LT50 modeling amp. The amp weighs 20 lb. and is loud as hell. I have 8 preset tones, the result of over a year of computer tweaking, and I am happy with the result. No pedals.

Attachments

• still life.jpg
    still life.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 17

dreamingtele

Friend of Leo's