Your prayers are answered - Chevy work truck with roll-up windows

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've never owned a car with this feature, but some cars can store adjustments -- you push a button and the seat, the steering wheel, the mirrors etc... all adjust themselves. That would be handy when my wife and I switch places.

If I take my car in for a scheduled service, which includes a road test, it takes me days to get the seat back where I like it.

I'd like to tell the shop that no one can drive my car unless they have a 30" inseam.

burtonfan

Tele-Afflicted
I had a 2012 Chevy work truck with manual everything. I loved it! I sold it to my son this past spring as I bought a new model.

As my son is also a guitar player, we always refer to the work truck as the "telecaster truck".

Everything you need and nothing you don't!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm almost the oldest geezer on the forum, I don't miss standard shifts of any kind, I like power windows just fine. My son had a Toyota Tundra for eighteen years and never had the auto-transmission, windows or any other automatic feature fail. For those of you who like to shift, buy yourself an old cracker box GMC diesel with a twelve speed Spicer that only had three positions, and a number of ways of making them into the shifts for a 12-speed forward transmission. Throw in an air shifted two speed rear-end, and you can really have fun! Even more fun when you're driving an underpowered V6 pulling a heavy load across the ridge route. I like floating DOWN stream, I'll leave the upstream swimming to you young fellers.

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't miss manual windows and door locks, I prefer having cruise control, in the south AC is a MUST, I drove a manual work van for 16 years, so I like an automatic transmission, other than that I don't really need all the other ad ons.

bottlenecker

Friend of Leo's
I was praying for a manual transmission. Weird that they can report on the windows, but only guess at the engine, and don't even mention the transmission.

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I’d love to find a beater truck with hand cranks. Unicorns.

scelestus

Tele-Holic
I've never owned a car with this feature, but some cars can store adjustments -- you push a button and the seat, the steering wheel, the mirrors etc... all adjust themselves. That would be handy when my wife and I switch places.
I can't remember what newer car I saw that does it, but there's at least one that has a tiny camera in the dash and switches the presets based on facial recognition.

You don't even have to push a button anymore!

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I can't remember what newer car I saw that does it, but there's at least one that has a tiny camera in the dash and switches the presets based on facial recognition.

You don't even have to push a button anymore!

Even better! The camera is probably used to watch if you're falling asleep at the wheel, too.

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
More power to fellas if you don't like power option in your vehicles, I have a 2005 Dodge extra cab Ram Hemi loaded, even has a sun roof. I spent my youth pinching and saving to get ahead and only bought the most basic models when buying a new car....Now I will enjoy the benefits from that. In the right application a manual tranny is a must, sports car/muscle car. No interest in having a stick for my daily driver. I must admit I do enjoy heading back to the twisties on the back roads with my little Mustang and it is a five speed.

IMG-20210912-110506597-HDR.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
My 2018 Colorado has power seats ... and they're HEATED, which I've never had before. Wife and I both LOVE that feature! The upgrade GMC model also has a heated steering wheel, which I thought was a bit too much. I'm fine with the leather on the Chevy.

SoK66

Tele-Afflicted
We just bought a base model 2021 Ram 3500 4dr cab & chassis to convert into a flat / stake bed for our Moab, UT rafting business. Very well equipped, but power windows and locks. Oddly, power locks but no keyless entry. We have fivr 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sports with max towing package, all base models. Crank windows & manual locks, otherwise nice stereoes, backup cameras (mandatory now), A/C, etc.

Base model/work trucks are worth a look if you're putoff by the outrageous stickers on new trucks. I bought an F150 STX new back in 2013. STX is the base model work truck with the trimof the previous year's FX4. 5.0L V8, 6 speed auto, power windows, A/C, SYNC link to the phone, etc. With my retiree discount and incentives I got it for under $30k. One of my favorite personal vehicles of all time.

Jerry J

Friend of Leo's
Excellent move, now we need to see more manual transmissions and vent windows.

They do that and I might become a shopper again.

As an old geezer speaking to other old geezers, YES to both manual transmissions and vent windows. Of course, the main reason for having vent windows was to discard your butts out the car.

However, crank windows and manual door locks? Really? That is one movement I can't understand or support. To each their own...