Your prayers are answered - Chevy work truck with roll-up windows

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/11/21/2022-chevy-silverado-regular-cab-short-box/
54454417-3065-4A7D-BD8F-E5EFA40B2C0E.jpeg

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Most people here didn’t know I was praying for manual windows. You get me. Let’s assume the manual window mechanisms (all-in) probably cost Chevy 20% more than motorized due to the gear assembly and the lower volume demand. But that being said, consumers will see that and make the assumption that it’s a better value so they’ll pay a lower ticket price with a higher margin. Good move.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Power windows make sense in my wife’s Hyundai Elantra. They don’t make sense (and don’t exist) in my pickup. I used to be 100% against them, but they’re way more reliable than they were in the past. Still don’t want them in my beater truck, though. What I don’t get is power seats—I can adjust a manual seat faster, and the motors/controls required are even heavier and more complicated than for windows.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Power windows make sense in my wife’s Hyundai Elantra. They don’t make sense (and don’t exist) in my pickup. I used to be 100% against them, but they’re way more reliable than they were in the past. Still don’t want them in my beater truck, though. What I don’t get is power seats—I can adjust a manual seat faster, and the motors/controls required are even heavier and more complicated than for windows.

A power seat allows much finer adjustments in seating position in all dimensions. Manual seats drive me nut with the "this notch is too close, this notch is too far" for both the fore-aft and the upper seat angle.

Not to mention, I like the seat cushion to be fully adjustable for tilt/height.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
A power seat allows much finer adjustments in seating position in all dimensions. Manual seats drive me nut with the "this notch is too close, this notch is too far" for both the fore-aft and the upper seat angle.

Not to mention, I like the seat cushion to be fully adjustable for tilt/height.

I've never owned a car with this feature, but some cars can store adjustments -- you push a button and the seat, the steering wheel, the mirrors etc... all adjust themselves. That would be handy when my wife and I switch places.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
When I was test driving different brand pickups in 2018, I drove a basic Ford with roll up windows, and the cranks were down by the seat so you could barely reach them without opening the door. I hope they moved them to a more accessible spot.

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Excellent move, now we need to see more manual transmissions and vent windows.

They do that and I might become a shopper again.

Call me crazy, but I’d like a manual transmission, and the shifter to be on the steering column. Anyone who doesn’t know and can’t figure out how to shift it doesn’t need to drive the truck anyway.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Call me crazy, but I’d like a manual transmission, and the shifter to be on the steering column. Anyone who doesn’t know and can’t figure out how to shift it doesn’t need to drive the truck anyway.

I've been driving manuals since way back when... getting hard to find. The decline of modern society.

But it's got to be on the floor.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
Yup, I agree. Smart move on Chevy. My wife’s 1012 Wrangler has manual window cranks … and of course my CJ. Our local mechanic makes his bread and butter replacing power window motors. :lol:

i knew you kept your vehicles a long time but maybe it’s time to replace the wife’s if it is 1009 years old;)

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
My old '96 Chevy Cheyanne 2500HD with the roll up windows and rubber floor mats is still going strong with 370,000 miles. Second year of the Vortec motor.

Hope I haven't jinxed myself with this post.:eek::D

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Is this like Fender discontinuing the Vintera?
We had a discussion some years back when Chevy or GM discontinued the W/T, and now it's been reissued!