1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Your overkills?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sotakoira Musti, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Anything other than a bedroom/headphone amp is overkill for me. At one point, I had a Delta Blues 210 as well as my PRII. The DB is gone, but for sentimental reasons, the PRII will always stay, under-utilized but loved.

2. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I soldered my George L cables with silver solder, in the house wiring.

Lies&Distortion and Festofish like this.
  3. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

image.jpg Probably twice that many pedals in storage. I don’t have kids. My ex got nothing because we had nothing. I live in a single wide with my partner and live cheaply...aside from guitar stuff and none of it is too fancy or $$. I like variety. I’m always grabbing a different axe off the wall and twiddling knobs.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Cali Dude and That Cal Webway like this.
  4. johnnylaw

johnnylaw Tele-Afflicted

I have some amps. I have back-up amps. Then, I have extra amps and spare or two. There are a couple of amp projects too. No worries though; I have some cabs already.

Cali Dude likes this.
  5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Probably hollow/semihollows
    [​IMG]
    This pic is not current, there are I think a half dozen more now

dannyh, DFB1 and Lawdawg like this.
  6. drumtime

drumtime Tele-Holic

I guess I'm slowly moving toward just the right amount of kill. I want to shift some stuff that I have just because it was a good deal, and apply the funds to stuff that would better fit what I'm doing these days. I actually sold an old Kent bass - first guitar I've sold in around 20 years. A vintage Univox 2-12 cab went the other day. Working on funding an inexpensive pedal board, an amp head or 2, and I'm sure another guitar or 2 or 3 will show up. So maybe still a bit of overkill, but more suited for a surgical strike.

Cali Dude likes this.
  7. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Holic

I have more stuff than I need, but a lot of it I got cheap. I have 6 electrics and one electric-acoustic, but 4 of them were less than $200, one was a bit more than that, and the other two I've had for 30+ years. I have a '70's Princeton non-reverb and a PRRI, but fell bass-ackward into the PRRI for less than $200, so I'm keeping them both and playing them in stereo. My Champion 600 and Super Champ X2 really could go, but I got those for cheap as well, and they're worth more to me than I'll get in resale.

Cali Dude likes this.
  8. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

I'm always questioning myself about how much gear I have, but I look at threads like this and realize ...

that I am not even close to "overkill".:rolleyes:

Cali Dude likes this.
  9. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

I have too many amps. I really don't need 5 amps. My lady would say that I have too many picks tossed around the house.

10. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Holic

I definitely overkill on electronic components whenever I work on little projects. One dpdt switch needed= Four switches brought to the counter to check out at the store, etc.

Sometimes this works out, most of the time it does not. And I’m off to the store whenever I need something anyway because I don’t have a stupid 1 Meg audio taper pot or 1 watt resistors...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.