YOUR OLD WIRELESS MAY BE ILLEGAL FOR OVR 10 YEARS AND YOU DON'T KNOW IT

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
<insert picture of church lady clutching pearls here>
images

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
That doesn't make them any more legal to use; FCC rules apply on tribal land. You're handing someone something that could get them fined far more than the cost of a system that complies with the rules. To be fair, though, the FCC is usually pretty lenient about these things; they'll ask you to stop first and take enforcement action only if you don't.
And this is why I, Lawrence Two Bear (my non-Anglicized name) proudly endorse smoke signals… accept no substitute!!! Just try and capture copy or shred that doc. Hehheh

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
FHIS EXPLAINS ALL OF FHIS NOISES IN MY HEAD FHAT THAVE BEEN GETTING A LOT OF PROXIMITY LOUDNESS EFFECTS FOR APPROXIMATELY ELEVEN POYNT SEVENTY THREE UNIYS. FARNSWORTH ELEVATION IS WITHIN THE RANGE OF DIFFERENT BROADBAND PROVIDERS FOR THE INTERNET AND CIA UPLOADING SONCE THE TRUMAN ADMINISTRATION HAD EVERYTHING FLIPPED TO KOREAN MIL SPEC COMPATIBILITY. FULL STOP
Stop yelling.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
I still have my old one from the 80s. I can broadcast on VHF channels. I often wondered how many times I would have to play the Smoke on the Water riff before the FCC showed up at my door.
One time would be enough for me to have you locked up. I hate that song.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
About two years ago, my dad was doing some cleanup and noticed some equipment cases in the garbage of a local church. I swung by and pulled out 5 complete 600 MHz wireless microphone systems.

I looked up the system specs and I discovered that I could still use channels 2, 3 and 5 of the wireless systems.

It may technically be illegal to even have equipment that could transmit in the forbidden bands in your possession, but I will be using these so infrequently that it shouldn't matter.
It is not illegal to own equipment that can operate within the legal pockets of the 600 MHz spectrum, so it won't matter if you use them a lot or a little. I am using Audix 600 Mhz gear that allows to set specific freqs within the legal pockets, all 100% legal. This is a very misunderstood law.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
At one point, the FCC was going to establish an enforcement arm. They were even going to have a SWAT team.

They gave up on the idea because they couldn't agree on a frequency for their two-way radios.

True story.

Ok, not really.
Actually, that is perfectly believable about a frequency disagreement. The FCC contracts with civilian entities for spectrum allocation & licensing. You can't just choose frequencies and license them, they have to be assigned.

Doctor of Teleocity
I’ve never had a wireless system, but, I’ll continue doing what I want regardless haha.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
My singer bought a $500-600 wireless mic about 4 years ago. It quit working early this year. She asked Sennheiser if they can repair it. They told her it's not a frequency she can use anymore so they cant repair it. Man that would piss me off!