Your Jet Stream On Drugs

telepraise

Tele-Afflicted
I just happen to catch this on the weather report on TV. Holy guacamole! I've never seen it this distorted in my life. I'm used to seeing that nice sine wave snake it's way across the continent. I have heard a weather guy say that the regular vortex of winds that circles the north pole around the arctic circle has been disrupted (could have to do with Greenland?) and this has let some really cold shots down into areas that don't usually see them.

Anyway, we had a blissfully cool winter in Florida this year, 6 weeks of days where the highs never got out of the 60s, usually we're luck to get 1 week that cool (not complaining, I love the cool weather). It also seems like the jet stream gets locked in one place more often instead of undulating across the country- not a good thing when a hurricane gets stalled over one area or rain needs to travel to a forest fire area.

Attachments

• jetstream.jpeg
    jetstream.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 41

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
And then look at Queensland....again. And California is burning...again.
And some peole still deny climate change. We don't Downunder, it's a big issue. No plastic cutlery, recyclable shopping bags ( which you have to pay for, bring your own cloth bag ) many measures. Also Greenland had rain this year when it was meant to snow. What a world. We all need to do our bit. Tesla cars you talk about are coming here now. We owe it to our kids and grand children to enjoy a life like we had.

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
Trev have been trying to contact you re the floods. Conversations isn't working. Maybe you could write me about it. Terry ( Tonetele)

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
High and dry out here, some flooding on the valley floor across the way a bit and plenty of water running off the hill behind me...

nothing extreme locally, most of the creeks will be overflowing. Roads closed at the usual places..

just a bit of cabin fever from sitting in the house listening to rain for days and then it's too soggy to do much outside anyway...:)

DSCN4340.JPG
DSCN4334.JPG
DSCN4339.JPG

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
And then look at Queensland....again. And California is burning...again.
Second largest fire in NM since they started calculating their area is currently ongoing; 240k+ acres at around 40% contained and that’s not nearly the only fire in the state. Not even the only fire I can see, and it’s every bit as dry in Colorado.

Sorry to say, but we are not gonna recycle our way out of this now, if we ever were. A “great” tactic to shift responsibility and focus. Worked.

Flyboy

Tele-Holic
East Coast of Scotland......5 months of dull, extremely cold weather. We've had a very late spring and though the sun is now making sporadic appearances it's still cold. Meanwhile, Europe 's getting 25+.

bluesfordan

Friend of Leo's
went from high of 59°F (15°C) to a high of 87°F(31°C) in 2 days. Heat and a/c in same day. Turn on heat when go to bed, shut off in morning. Turn a/c on after have coffee and breakfast. But probably won't put heat on tonight, lows in the 60s (15°C) instead of the high just 2 days ago.

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
So the times they are a changin.
I do believe we have no idea what the planet we exist on is doing.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
I just happen to catch this on the weather report on TV. Holy guacamole! I've never seen it this distorted in my life. I'm used to seeing that nice sine wave snake it's way across the continent. I have heard a weather guy say that the regular vortex of winds that circles the north pole around the arctic circle has been disrupted (could have to do with Greenland?) and this has let some really cold shots down into areas that don't usually see them.

Anyway, we had a blissfully cool winter in Florida this year, 6 weeks of days where the highs never got out of the 60s, usually we're luck to get 1 week that cool (not complaining, I love the cool weather). It also seems like the jet stream gets locked in one place more often instead of undulating across the country- not a good thing when a hurricane gets stalled over one area or rain needs to travel to a forest fire area.
The Jetstream is taking the Wrong Drugs.
YEP!!!