Your hairline/do you wear a hat?

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
I have a few hats, for when it's sunny or cold. Occasionally I'll wear one for 'outfit' purposes, but never to just hide the pinkness. I'm comfortable with my slaphead look.

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
Thick head of hair, but I still love a hat.

6F1B9905-15D6-494B-B29D-F40F9D0F2F76.jpeg

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
My hair has started falling out over the past 6 months due to medication. It's a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I've had long hair ever since getting it all shaved off in 1984 due to a brain op.
The only exception was in '92 for my wedding and '07 when I was 40 for a charity. My head is like a map of London Underground with scars so I've spent the last few months acquiring some hats.
So far this is my favourite...
Balmaha Dec'21.jpg

micpoc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I shave my hair to within 1/8” of its life and only wear a hat to keep warm (very rare) or shield from sunlight (occasionally).

Guys wearing hats inside—or, worse, onstage—are real head scratchers to me.

rarebreed

Tele-Afflicted
I'm 69 and still have a full head of hair, though it's not as dark as it used to be. The gray has taken over. During the cold months I almost always wear a baseball type hat, mostly some camo pattern as I like to hunt.

brindlepicker

Tele-Meister
Wore a cap to keep the combover in place outside and at work til about 3 years ago. Now just for sun.Dad used Well Comb til he was about 90- wasn’t going that route.

It was a run in at a walk in salon joint on a $8 men’s cut on tuesdays and some miscommunication with the Russian immigrant lady that got me my first buzzed cut so just stuck with it and buzz it to #2 myself.

Save about $20/month, already married, don’t have to comb or use much shampoo.

teletail

Friend of Leo's
Sadly at 64 I'm thinning pretty bad on top. The rest is pretty long. I don't wear a hat. It doesn't fool anyone and you look pretty ridiculous wearing a hat everywhere. Losing your hair - it sucks, but it's part of life.

Dennyf

Tele-Afflicted
In my mid-30s I discovered I had a little round patch of bare skin on the top/ back of my head. That day, I got a set of clippers, put on the No. 3 comb, and ran it over my head. Been doing that for over 30 years now. Never have worn a hat indoors.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I am the old guy with a pony tail. It suits me here in Oregon. I wear a ball cap when my hair is not tied back to help with the wind, and I wear a boonie hat with a wide brim when I am experiencing a bright clear sky.
There is no shame in being bald or thinning. Just tell people you lost a strand for every piece of exceptional wisdom you have doled out.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have been shaving my head since 2008. I wear a hat when it is cold or I want to block the sun, but it does not fool anyone.

When my hair was just thinning, I would not have been able to hide it with a hat at work. Now, I work from home and no one cares.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
I'm in the "I like hats" category. I wore a camo bush hat all through high school. I wear ball caps, bowlers & drivers (my favorites), boaters, etc.

In the summer I wear a panama (Stetson "airway"). Fall is ball cap weather. Below freezing, I'll put on a wool knit toboggan.

I never cared about my hair. I had a crew cut until I was 12. When I let it grow out, it was essentially untamable...and it was gone by 40.

DaddyG

Tele-Meister
I am now 75 years old, and started to thin out in the past 5 years. I lost any vanity I had about my here when I met my current and forever woman. We are relaxed old people. But I have always worn hats end I like them. But I didn't always wear them when I was outside and should have been in the hot sun. Well last year I had an operation to remove a melanoma from the crown of my scalp, it left a big bald spot but that's fine, I am alive and I will continue to wear hats when I am in the Sun.

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
Every man in my family goes bald, so I've been aware of my eventual fate since I was a kid (I'm 53 now and quite bald). I do wear a hat often, not because I'm embarrassed of my noggin, but because it's either cold as hell in the winter, or sunburningly hot in the summer. My dad had a lot of problems with cancerous skin cells on his scalp, so I'm trying to keep mine out of the sun for that reason as well.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
My hair has thinned somewhat since my 20s, and I'm wearing it shorter, but at age 71 it hasn't
turned twice: turned gray (there's a few of them, but not many), and/or turned loose. Hats are worn for protection from sun and cold, but also for "look effect." Ball caps for sun protection, insulated tweed flat cap with fold-up earflaps for cold protection, Panama straw hats for outside summer performances, and cowboy hats as needed for effect: do I like hats? Yup.