Your hairline/do you wear a hat?

Twofingerlou

Tele-Holic
I had killer hair genes until a year or so after high school, then the thinning out and receding was on, more so the thinning. Fast forward to my now mid 30’s the receding is taking hold pretty good. No prob for me because I started “buzzing” my hair a few years after I graduated solely for the simplicity aspect and that I was comfortable with what was coming/happening. I wear a hat sometimes mainly due to weather, super cold out or hot and sunny since I rock a almost shaved dome.

One of my Buddy’s I’ve known twenty years started to get blindsided with the receding and thinning out six months ago or so. I commented about it, made some jokes because what are good friends for? Shortly after for the first time in my life I saw him wear a hat. I think since then he wears a hat, possibly sleeps in one and showers with it as well lol. I said what are you smokey and the bandit now and only take it off for one thing?

I think he’s self conscious about it now, I told him just embrace it and buy your own set of clippers and dive into the buzzed look.

So do you wear a hat because of the same reasons? Are/were you self conscious about it

P-Nutz

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Yes and yes.

I’ve had a widow’s peak all of my life, literally. My hair in younger days was crazy long and curly, then got shorter and shorter until I was mostly shaving/buzzing it.

No real bald spots, white, not thick, but there. Haven’t cut it in a month, and don’t plan to until Albert comes back, then I’ll figure something out.

I do like me hats, ‘specially on stage, just cuzza the look, not to cover. Partial to flat caps and straw porkpie thingies, depending on the heat.

Last edited:

P-Nutz

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
8BC1C5DB-89F8-43F9-82D2-9B96A58CE3A9.jpeg

19 and stoopid …

Oh, and after a major cut in length!

Tele-beeb

Friend of Leo's
I have lost some hair… for a mature strong man, I say this is about as self-defining as the meat choice one prefers… ham? bacon?
Bacon of course!
Hair/no hair? Don’t sweat the small stuff…

P.S.: I love my sock hats as I sorta’ resemble The Edge

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
So do you wear a hat because of the same reasons? Are/were you self conscious about it

Your hairline/do you wear a hat?​

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I started balding in my early 20s. I still hate wearing a hat and only do it when I will be in the sun for hours or when my head is cold.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I used to work with a pretty hard-teasing crowd of guys on a golf course maintenance crew. Many nicknames were applied to people (one guy who limped was called “kickstand”; another guy with a lot of frizzy hair was called “220”).

My nickname eventually became either “hair helmet” or “Elvis.” Used interchangeably. It’s 25 years grayer now, but not any thinner. I rarely wear hats; hats would be redundant, except for in the coldest part of the winter.

However I was in two consecutive bands with the same drummer (1994-1999) and we practiced and gigged a lot...and I never once saw him without a hat on.