1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Your gig-bag of choice?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 1955, Jul 29, 2013.

1. PineBomb

PineBomb Tele-Holic

Another vote for mono here. I have the vertigo version for my electrics and the regular M80 for my acoustics. Beats a hard shell case for city use for sure.

2. Tarnisher

Tarnisher Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I just replaced my Road Runner with a Mono M80 semi-hollow. I absolutely love it! It secures the neck, has much better padding, great pocket design, is waterproof, ergonomic backpack straps (with sternum strap), and seems built to last.

3. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

Hard shell Fender type cases are cool in the respect that
    you can also use them as a table top if you need to.

like using it as a table for a keyboard player that forgot
    his stand (don't laugh).......or to set up your small mixer
    and use it as a tech table.

4. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

I have Hard cases for pretty much everything, well everything valuable anyway, I like the Levys EM8 for just trotting off to lessons or a rehearsal.
    [​IMG]

I also like the Body Glove cases, kinda like a semi hard case, but lots of protection [​IMG]

5. detour

detour TDPRI Member

Reunion Blues. An older one, before the company was sold. it's a great gig bag.

6. Redd Volkaert

Redd Volkaert Tele-Holic

I've got

a reunion blues gig bag I've had since 1985,
    before that I went through a couple of nylon fendery bags
    (zippers break after 6 nights a week in just a few months)

still going strong, expensive, but way worth it . . .
    to me,

Redd

Attached Files:

7. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

I love the looks of the Reunion Blues bag. That's a really fine gig-bag, Redd! Danny Gatton had a leather gig bag for a good while, wonder if anyone knows where he got it. I think it was brown.

The durability of the zipper has been an issue with the nylon ones for me. They break in half, oxidize green, pull off the harness. Sometimes I can put them back on with needle nose pliers. I started buying those nice and inexpensive zipper pulls in the camping aisle of Wal Mart for this very reason.

Earlier tonight I tried out various gig bags at a large chain store, it was interesting to see the differences, craftsmanship, and pricing.

I like to have a roomy pouch, and it has to be able to handle some weight. The nylon pouch eventually rips through. I also prefer carrying my guitars on my right shoulder, so I usually remove the left strap or just cut it off if it's sewn. I can maneuver through a restaurant/bar obstacle-course without knocking anything or anybody (usually) and I save one free hand for doors (or anything weird or on fire,) and the other for my amp.

8. LawDaddy

LawDaddy Tele-Holic

Reunion Blues here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.