Your First Concert

TheDams

Tele-Holic
Iron Maiden, in Paris, in November 1986 ("somewhere on tour")... saw plenty of other "small concerts" before that, but that was my first BIG show (and boy, WHAT A SHOW !!!)

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Jefferson Airplane touring to support Surrealistic Pillow at the Unicorn Coffee House, Boston MA 1967. They were also my 2nd concert, they were there for a week. A friend and I hitch hiked down town a few days later for another show.

Hoodster

Friend of Leo's
J. Geils, Bryan Ferry, The Cars

June 1977

9F36F919-8968-4100-99E8-7C512CBBDB28.jpeg

effzee

Tele-Holic
Who, where and when was your first concert? For me - Jethro Tull at the Hartford Civic Center in 1973 or thereabouts. Great show. Saw them many times after that.
Jethro Tull was also my first big concert, the Bursting Out tour at the Garden in NYC. My friends and I got robbed at gunpoint at our table in the McDonald's next to the place beforehand. The one friend had a $10 bill in his sock so we could pay for the bus home and didn't have to tell our parents about it.

Oh, the concert was good, too!

First bigger band I ever saw though was Twisted Sister, at a small dance club/bar in what may have been Nanuet, NY or maybe just over the border in Bergen county NJ. Not sure. But we didn't know who they were and thought they were a joke.

Then, in 1983, they opened the Monsters of Rock Festival in Nürnberg, Germany where I was stationed at the time. It was like, that can't be that band we saw in that little club .... But it was them and kicked butt! Been a fan since that day.

tuuur

Friend of Leo's
The first big concert I went to was Pinkpop 1991.

From a single artist, it was U2 in Nijmegen 1993.
I thought it was meh. Used to be a fan, not anymore after that.

The same year I saw Peter Gabriel in his Secret World tour in Rotterdam, that was amazing.

My taste changed a lot after that.

teleplayr

Friend of Leo's
Original "Three Dog Night" during their "Naturally" tour. Some school friends bought me a ticket when I couldn't afford one.

Second was Frank Zappa just after he disbanded the "Mothers" and still had a couple of the Mothers members with his band.

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Buck Owens and the Buckaroos at the Lane County fairgrounds in Eugene, Oregon.

Must have been around 1965. They were wearing the suits that were on the front of the "I Don't Care" album.

dazzaman

Tele-Afflicted
ABBA, 1977 Australian tour (footage from a number of the shows which became ABBA the Movie). I was in the third row. That was quite a way to start seeing concerts, aged 12.

About four months earlier I had wanted to see Blackmore’s Rainbow but my parents wouldn’t let me go by myself, and there was no way they would have gone with me.

tuuur

Friend of Leo's
Original "Three Dog Night" during their "Naturally" tour. Some school friends bought me a ticket when I couldn't afford one.

Second was Frank Zappa just after he disbanded the "Mothers" and still had a couple of the Mothers members with his band.
Would that be the Roxy era? Best era Zappa in my opinion! You were lucky!

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
I was born in '88, but my dad made it a point to take me to a lot of great shows. My earliest concert memory would have been a ZZ Top sometime around 1999, then Skynard, then Tom Petty, and my favorite memory being the Stones Bigger Bang tour in '04. That was my first HUGE concert!