Your favorite song about a city!

4 Cat Slim

Friend of Leo's
This is my second contribution. I'm kind of surprised that I haven't seen anybody mention
China Grove by the Doobie Brothers. Popular group, popular song that's had its share of airplay in Classic Rock format radio.
There's not much to do in China Grove, by the way, but that's beside the point.
A few years ago, they had a mayor who would gladly pose for photos with tourists who'd
pass through town.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
This is my second contribution. I'm kind of surprised that I haven't seen anybody mention
China Grove by the Doobie Brothers. Popular group, popular song that's had its share of airplay in Classic Rock format radio.
There's not much to do in China Grove, by the way, but that's beside the point.
A few years ago, they had a mayor who would gladly pose for photos with tourists who'd
pass through town.

Has anyone mentioned Winslow, Arizona?

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Hey, buster poser, Joe Ely recorded a song about your city of birth.
And appropriately enough, it's titled "Dallas".
Just thought you'd want to know.
I know that one, "...from a DC-9 at night!" There are more than a few I figure, but I love that one by the Rev because it mentions Ellum; practically lived down there the year before I left.

What they need is more songs about your Hill Country. ;)

Matthias

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
No one arranges pop songs quite like this anymore. Absolutely huge production while totally serving the song:

Because a werewolf isn’t just for Hallowe’en:

Oh yeah, and have some bonus Bee Gees:

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
I find that all video posting threads that hang around long enough tend to be mostly duplicate posts. The code monkey in me knows this could be stopped by having the code check if a video has already been posted to the thread.
Code check? We're musicians not coders. I can barely fire up a computer or cellphone. But I can play a Telecaster.