Your Favorite (recording of a ) Moon Song

Dave Hicks

Friend of Leo's

MV5BNzNlYTJiNzctNjZkZi00MWJjLTlmMzgtNWMzMzEzMWE5MTczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:

1guy

Tele-Meister
How about Moon Unit? What!

And I thought I was the only one whose brain thinks a lil differently.:lol:

First time I heard that song, I knew it would be a huge hit.

Alotta people get distracted by the lyrics and miss the amazing musicianship on that track.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
And I thought I was the only one whose brain thinks a lil differently.:lol:

First time I heard that song, I knew it would be a huge hit.

Alotta people get distracted by the lyrics and miss the amazing musicianship on that track.
I had the pleasure of seeing Frank live at The Palace in Los Angeles but before this song came out. It was about 1978 or around there. Great brains think alike!

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Choosing one moon song... easy!

This was the first I ever heard of Joe Satriani and this song with it's solos blew my tiny little mind.
That amazing raw tone in the first solo... the guitar just grabs you by both ears and roars in your face!
Then the triple solo later... first harmonica, then slide guitar(transition cleverly done live by having the slide glued to the back of the harmonica) and then
the awesome shred solo starting with an adapted wink to the Hey Joe intro(doesn't sound like it at first but there it is) building up and up and up to a full bend on 22
and then the totally WTF rise culminating in a pull off thing that makes me cross-eyed listening to it. :D

So yeah... I kinda like this track. :)
Haven't been able to learn it well enough to even fake it yet.
But as soon as I have I will fake this thing so hard!