1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Your Favorite Fast Food Item that the Company Dropped

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by e-merlin, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

In the early 90s, Burger King had the Bullseye BBQ Burger. For a cheap fast food burger, it was phenomenal. Two mini-patties on a hoagie-style bun, with several strips of bacon and Bullseye BBQ sauce.

They brought it back a couple of times, but it was never the same as the original.

2. weeladdie

weeladdie Tele-Meister

Fast Food

I don't remember when it was available but Taco Bell had a Chili Cheese Burrito callled a "Chillito" which I loved.

Broke my heart when they dropped it from the menu..... :(

3. brewsterallen

brewsterallen Tele-Meister

Original KFC Gravy. When I was young that was a real treat KFC for dinner!!!

4. wallis222

wallis222 Tele-Afflicted

McDonalds pizza.

5. boldaslove71

boldaslove71 Tele-Meister

The original apple pies at Mickey D's. KFC had em for a while. Gone as well. Must have had plutonium in them or something.

6. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

No, it was the yellow die number 1.:eek:

7. yark14

yark14 Friend of Leo's

Taco Bell's Beefy Crunch Burrito. 99 cents closer to heaven.

The Doritos Los Tacos are horrible. Can't believe they replaced the BCB.

Also, when I was a kid we had an A&W in our tiny town. This wasn't one of the modern A&W's, but an old school one that hadn't changed even well into the 1990's. They made the root beer fresh at the location (the lady who made it for years is a family friend of ours). Thus, the root beer floats are impossible to describe how awesome they were. The fries and burgers were amazing too.

8. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

I miss the original fries at Wendy's. I've had their fries since they changed 'em a while back, and they're fine -- but they're not as good as the old Wendy's fries.

I don't know if this counts as fast food, but I miss the "Sicilian" pizza Pizza Hut used to offer. It was a rectangular pan pizza with some kind of seasoned crust and (I think) six different cheeses. It was wunnerful.

But the fast food thing I miss the most is the Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger. As far as I know, they still make it...but I've moved to a part of the country where Carl's Jr. is called Hardee's...and, for some inexplicable reason, Hardee's doesn't offer that Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

A burger with bacon, cheese, onion rings, and BBQ sauce. So good. I miss it. But, realistically, if I could still get it here, I'd probably weigh 300 lbs.

9. jwsamuel

jwsamuel Friend of Leo's

They were good. They were deep friend in the french fry machine. They switched to baked apple pies.

Jim

10. goodandevil

goodandevil Tele-Meister

Wendy's salad bar and Taco Bell's "Bellbeefer".

11. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

In the late '70s early "80s McD's had danishes that they heated on this steam driven contraption that involved spikes and tongs and other wackyness. They had apple & cinnamon, which were good, but the raspberry was killer.

Not really FF but Howard Johnson's Clam Roll was a favorite. I made one at school this summer (hot dog roll,(Hojo's used a special roll) clam strips and some tartar sauce, ) no one knew what it was, and I was in New England! sad...

12. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

I kinda miss the deep fried apple pies (Hardees and McDonalds both had them, I think) - but I REALLY miss the Kentucky Nuggets.

13. blues dues

blues dues Tele-Meister

Bobs Big Boy burger is my all time favorite for fast food

14. CrisHendrix

CrisHendrix Tele-Afflicted

The way Dominoes pizza tasted in the 90s plus their twisty bread and salads.. maybe its a good thing they taste like dog food now though

15. 7171551

7171551 Tele-Afflicted

And fae Scotland... Greggs! Last year they dropped the original fudge doughnut! The new version is rubbish in comparison... Why has there been no public outcry???

16. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Jeez Louise, guys... if I knew they had dropped it, there's no way I would eat it!

:D

17. pchilson

pchilson Friend of Leo's

Kinda what I was thinking.

18. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

Arby's made a great roast chicken club back in the 80's I ordered one a couple of years ago in a fit of nastalgia. Big mistake, I think it was just warmed up lunchmeat.

Now that you got me going, I swear to god those grocery store discount cards you put on your key ring are designed to track my purchases, determine my favorite things to eat then discontinue them.

19. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

HoJo fried clams! They were great, only decent thing on the menu.

20. zooropamofo

zooropamofo Tele-Afflicted

Up here in Canada, McDonald's dropped the Orange fountain drink and replaced it with some berry Fruitopia crap. This was last year. I'm 32 years old and I had been drinking that stuff since I was 4 years old. I don't go to McD's often, but it was a guilty pleasure.

Remember the McPizza? It wasn't half bad either...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.