Your Favorite Drum Solo?

Mindovermatter62

Tele-Meister
I'm sure at some point most of us who love music pick up on a drum solo that stands out, for me it's the fantastic solo from[Alan Dawson] on Dave Brubeck's[Together Again For The First Time]... what say you?

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
I remember when every live album in the '70s and '80s had to have a 15 minute drum solo. I think it kind of killed it for me. If I had to choose, I'll say Moby Dick by Zeppelin, just because that was when he was drag racing in the SRTS movie and I always liked that.

Toast

Tele-Afflicted
I love the drums, but I've never really liked drum solos. I like great fills, great tunings, volume dynamics, etc., but solos usually don't grab me. I do love listening to a polished drum corps. I used to live next to a high school where the drum corps would practice every couple of days after school. They'd get some kind of groove going pretty regularly. I enjoyed listening to them.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
I love the drums, but I've never really liked drum solos. I like great fills, great tunings, volume dynamics, etc., but solos usually don't grab me. I do love listening to a polished drum corps. I used to live next to a high school where the drum corps would practice every couple of days after school. They'd get some kind of groove going pretty regularly. I enjoyed listening to them.
Same. I’m a drummer, and not a fan of doing solos. I will say, I’ve always enjoyed watching Phil Collins and Chester Thompson duke it out during the 70s Genesis shows. They weren’t super technical but they were powerful and had a lot of drive.