Your favorite analog delay…

Hapax87

TDPRI Member
Malekko Ekko 616 sounds great, small, flexible, possibly no longer made. Ditto the DOD rubberneck, though it’s not small, it does do tricks. Carbon copy sounds pretty good and is still in circulation but I would look for a 616 if it was me.
I have a Malekko 616 also. Really nice pedal that won't break the bank. I prefer it over my DD7. I use both, but on 2 different pedalboards.

Dik Ellis

Tele-Holic
My Echoplex EP-1.
IMG_1131 (2).JPG

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
Maguchi, I see you have an 'old-style' , "Holy Grail".

Does yours 'hiss' really bad?

I don't know if it always was like that and I just couldn't hear it, or it developed the hiss
over the years, but I had to stop using it because of the hiss.
Still 'sounds' good, but I can't tolerate the level of hiss.

Thanks, RM
Mine sure does! I have one of the old ones too & it's now abandoned in a drawer somewhere.
Me too! I have one of the original HGs and it started to make all kinds of strange noises. It's in the original wood box somewhere in the closet. Too bad, because it worked so well when I first bought it. I think I paid $99.00 for it. It was perfect for my Fender Champ and Vibrochamp. Maybe EH needs to do a "recall" on those pedals?

allesz

Tele-Holic
I Just love delay threads... well, of course I am a delay junkie.

The ad9 Is one of my favourite delays. Warm but not too muddy, analog HiFi from Japan, It has to be right.

But I got many (also a couple totally DIY): mooer Ana Echo - great sounding, cheap and analog (more "grit" compared to the ad9, wilder feedback). DOD DFX9 - Digital, but the ad9 sounds more digital in comparison :), nice hold mode for crazy stuff. Digitech Hardwire DL8, good sounding and super capable digital delay (8 second stereo multi mode delay/looper) I got for cheap. Visual Garagetone Axle Grease Delay - duble pt2399 design (digital but analog sounding) that sounds great and, Is rumored (?) that the designer was Mr. R.G. Keen, a legend in the DIY community. It's mono and dirty simple, but I swear it's my best slapbak sound. Had it used for peanuts :cool:.

Does a zoom MS50-G counts? It's full of delays.

I am really a delay nut, Sorry.

Of the Ones that popped out from the thread, I would like to try a Malekko, the Nano DMM (so cute), DOD Rubberneck and Ibanez Echo Shifter... Keep going please.

Rowdyman

Tele-Holic
Me too! I have one of the original HGs and it started to make all kinds of strange noises. It's in the original wood box somewhere in the closet. Too bad, because it worked so well when I first bought it. I think I paid $99.00 for it. It was perfect for my Fender Champ and Vibrochamp. Maybe EH needs to do a "recall" on those pedals?
I still have that box, more useful than the impossibly hissy pedal!

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Lots of good ones. JHS Panther Cub I’ve had two different times, so probably that one despite my desire to just have more simple smaller pedals now.