Your favorite analog delay…

dukewellington

Tele-Meister
I’m partial to my Ibanez AD-9, and it’s getting a little ancient. I don’t run many effects, typically just overdrive, sometimes a fuzz. The AD-9 is used to ‘cloud’ up the sound a little bit and it goes straight into the front of the amp with the OD, which is either a Tube Screamer or a DOD 250. The pedals all fit on a cutting board that I’ve covered with Velcro and fitted beneath with two wedge blocks. Simples.

Which analog delay do you like? Recommend me a chewy one! I feel some retail therapy coming with my tax return.

KC

Friend of Leo's
Malekko Ekko 616 sounds great, small, flexible, possibly no longer made. Ditto the DOD rubberneck, though it’s not small, it does do tricks. Carbon copy sounds pretty good and is still in circulation but I would look for a 616 if it was me.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't know if if my line 6 RACK MOUNT ECHO PRO IS ANALOG OR NOT? ? ?
it's my favorite, some much so I own two of them.

Line-6-Echo-Pro-Delay-Rack-Cover-1-1.jpg

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
I’m partial to my Ibanez AD-9, and it’s getting a little ancient. I don’t run many effects, typically just overdrive, sometimes a fuzz. The AD-9 is used to ‘cloud’ up the sound a little bit and it goes straight into the front of the amp with the OD, which is either a Tube Screamer or a DOD 250. The pedals all fit on a cutting board that I’ve covered with Velcro and fitted beneath with two wedge blocks. Simples.

Which analog delay do you like? Recommend me a chewy one! I feel some retail therapy coming with my tax return.
I would also say the Ibañez AD-9 Analog Delay is the one I like most. I try and run it in the effects loop after the preamp section of the amp sometimes. And instead of pedals for dirt and drive I'll use the amps overdrive. The delays seem a little clearer and less muddy that way. I've heard the term "chewy" on this and other forums before, but don't know what that is and how it applies to guitar sound. So I'll use the term deep and spacious for the AD-9 in the effects loop with amp OD. I'll also use the T-Rex Replicator Tape Echo sometimes even at gigs and on my pedalboard.
20220319_154727.jpg
20210515_192331.jpg
20210524_155303.jpg

BB

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m partial to my Ibanez AD-9.

Which analog delay do you like?
The Ad-9 was my first
owned delay. Along with the matched Ibanez chorus of the same lineage, those were my first gigging pedals.....and I LOVED them!

When they were stolen. (along with my most beautiful and amazing 1981 Ibanez AS200) I quickly bought a cheap replacement (since we were gigging that night!) of an Arion SAD-1 for delay, and an Arion SCH-1 for chorus.

While they were considered cheap, Behringer type quality at the time, (early 80's) I found them to be quite excellent. As a result, I never replaced them.

Used them until the mid 90's (along with a Washburn Stack In The Box for driven tones) when I quit gigging. Sold them all here on the TDPRI many, many moons ago.... and I truly hope they helped inspire others to continue making great music.

thankyouguitar

Tele-Meister
M

Marantz 3-Head tape deck

zippofan

Tele-Afflicted
I built a Madbean Aquaboy, a Boss DM-2/Aquapuss style circuit, it sounds great though I don't know how hard it is right now to get MN3005 type chips.

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I've had a few favorites over the years... Maxon AD-999, Maxon AD9, now I have EHX Deluxe Memory Boy