Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by rjones652, May 3, 2011.
Look ma! No frets!
Hofner 500/4, my 70's bass. Someone had tried to convert it to active pups (J style, cut the top and everything to install them) they never worked right so I gutted it and replaced the whole circuit. Now it has humbuckers from a recent Gretsch, CTS pots and Switchcraft switch/input. Sounds great now.
JB Player neck-thru P/J copy my 80's bass. I always think "none more black" when I pick this up.
Your namesake: Blazer
Here is my crappy samick, cheapest of the cheap, matches my skills but I love it anyway
My American Standard Jazz Bass . . .
And the backup
The setting in the first pic of #1 is all style.
Was that a pro shoot?
I named myself after the Ibanez Blazer guitar I owned.
Do you have a picture of your bass on it's own?
Well, don't know why it came out blurred.
Left to right:
Squier Jazz (natural) my first bass
Squier Black and Chrome PJ (really nice neck on these)
Homemade hollowbody, shorty (my most played)
Green homemade solidbody shorty (partscaster and best sounding I own)
Black Mike Dirnt Signature P bass (got it and a hard tweed case for $11 from MF)
Up front is Johnson Beatle Bass copy (really cool shortscale bass)
I shot it. The band I was in at the time was doing a video in an old paper factory. It was chosen for the location and lighting so I sneaked away for a few of my own gear shots.
Same here. My Squire VM Jazz, and Hofner Icon ~
2009 Geddy Lee signature
So, tell me about that T-40.
I just got off the phone trying to put a deal together on one just like that, but I couldn't make it happen.
I've never seen or played one.
left to right the are as follows:
1. 1973 ric, all original with the original case. piano tone.
2. warmoth ash body maple neck early p bass. it has a duncan 1/4 lb pup. nice and growly, very zz toppy!
3. homebrew p bass. squier body. warmoth wenge and rosewood neck. the pup is out of an old gibson recording bass. wiring is so i can access all the taps and also has an impedance matching coil in it to go from low to high.
4. italia maranello. awesome bass, i changed the bridge pup to a vintage vibe charlie christianesque.
5. and lastly, but not leastly, an old ovation magnum with a modified warmoth neck. i need to get another set of tuners to put on it as i used the other set on the blue p bass. great sounding bass but i need to get the pup magnets recharged.
My Traben Neo plus Afterlife Array (from right - Polish Love & Polish Hate) and Randall RB30XM training combo. Good set, yet I constantly crave more.
'76 PBass I ordered new .