1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Your 2 most versatile drives.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Festofish, Mar 21, 2021.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks for the excellent suggestion!

I've used OD250 variants into Marshalls since the '80s and they are great, but was looking for something else.
    While the gray spec is supposed to be better because: older and rare, I actually prefer the yellow version.
    I could even say my two most versatile drives are both OD250 circuits, but I'm just having a mood.

2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Sweet axe at your feet (thanks for having shoes on), 330??

3. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

This made my laugh so hard! I didnt even think that posting bare feet is a thing or something people dont mind/think when posting rig on the floor! LOLOLOLOL

and yes sir, its a 2018 model, and one of the last that came out of the Memphis Factory. hehe.. I sold all my guitars and effects for this. and its currently my only guitar (please dont tell anyone I am Tele-less, LOL) and slowly build up a rig again.. hehe..

4. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I recently bout a Strymon Riverside to plug into my Iridium pedal. I'm taking my time getting to know what they can do together.
    I like the Riverside, it's like two finger of Glenlivet on a cold night

5. fuzzbox

fuzzbox Tele-Meister

Ibanez MT-10 Mostortion from the nineties still on the board. Has a 3-band eq with more gain available than his older brother (an eighties TS9 Silver Mod) and without the mid hump. Can be used for light overdrive and/or pushed to compressed distortion. Stacked with the TS9 into a cooking Deluxe Reverb gives me all of the roar I need and still be articulate.

6. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

I will never get rid of my Hot British, ever! Greatest Marshall in a box Pedal.

SixStringSlinger likes this.
  7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I have one somewhere I got years ago, never got sounds out of it I liked and I have and had lots of real Marshall amps.

Really wanted to like it with all those controls, lots of sounds in there but none that I could use for a "Marshall sound".

Refugee likes this.
  8. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

I'd say Rat clone, but I do not like the high gain sounds from the Rats I have played.

DOD Caracosa? It seems versatile for "ugly" sounds. Although I read a lot of "jack-of-all-trades" criticisms of it.

How we defining versatile? Lots of different sounds? Works with lots of set-ups?

telemnemonics likes this.
  9. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

It's kinda finicky. I'll plug it into a Two Rock, or an old Fender and it sounds terrible. Plugged it into a new SV20H, 4-holer with channels jumpered, and it sounds amazing!

northernguitar and telemnemonics like this.
  10. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

I’d imagine that a Marshall pedal into a Marshall amp would sound....well....Marshall-y?

Refugee likes this.
  11. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

I know, right? Wtf is it going to take to get this thing to scream like it should?! I plugged one into a '67 Princeton Reverb thinking it was gonna sound awesome. It even had a 12" Tone Tubby San Rafael, greenback type speaker in it. Whoa, way too much compression. Sounded like a Rockman. Luckily like many I have a whole drawer full of different ones. That Princeton loves a TS, so I tried a Maxon Sonic Distortion and that was a real winner. That likes a Mark III Mesa too.

northernguitar likes this.
  12. Jaggersan

Jaggersan TDPRI Member

I’ve been using a king tone mini fuzz and an eqd plumes with great success. Stacking and rolling down the volume on the guitar, so many tones love it.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.