Your #1 Telecaster

Synchro

Tele-Holic
For me, it’s a Tele Deluxe Thinline, made in 2021. Here’s a picture of it, during the cat-scan phase of its receiving inspection.

8AEE0E62-647E-4556-B8E2-487CDDE881FD.jpeg

I find it ironic that all three of my Telecasters are moderately priced models, and were chosen over more expensive models. The features all came together for me, on this one, and I pulled the trigger. When I bought my Custom Tele FMT HH, I was actually preparing to buy a ‘52 RI, but liked the FMT HH better. Even my Squier CV ‘70s Thinline won out over more expensive models.

WelhavenTW

TDPRI Member
Every time I see your guitar I wonder if I shouldn't have bought the red one rather than the Keef-like black one. However, this is a very nice tele, regardless of the colour.
In my opinion the black pickguard made all the difference. Came with a kind of mint green pickguard that made me seasick.

I love my blue tele too, the only thing stopping it from being played more is the weight. I call it my «sitting down» guitar, but it’s great for when I’m recording. Bridge pup is an SD JB.
59DF1865-A47D-471B-BE6C-DCA8A436D08E.jpeg

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
In my opinion the black pickguard made all the difference. Came with a kind of mint green pickguard that made me seasick.

I love my blue tele too, the only thing stopping it from being played more is the weight. I call it my «sitting down» guitar, but it’s great for when I’m recording. Bridge pup is an SD JB.
View attachment 983921

That's a lovely Tele.

sabuchan

TDPRI Member
I was drunk last Sunday night. While I was browsing a Japanese auction site. I found this Fujigen Telecaster Type. It had almost all the features and parts that I want in my planned partcaster build such as a light weight ash body, a dark rosewood fret board, a neck humbucker(SD 59) with a SD STL-1 in the bridge, Wilkinson dual load bridge, Gotoh compensated brass saddles, and Gotoh vintage-looking tuners. I thought it would be less expensive to buy and modify it than to build a new guitar myself. Besides, I liked the white double binding like a Fender custom telecaster. I placed a bid just before the end of the auction and won.

The guitar arrived yesterday. It is a 2012 Fujigen NCTL-20. Although I'm in the honeymoon period and have played it for only a couple of hours, I feel it will become my No.1. It comes with a 4 way switch. The humbucker can be tapped.

FGN_NCTL20_1.jpg

Last edited:

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
I was drunk last Sunday night. While I was browsing a Japanese auction site. I found this Fujigen Telecaster Type. It had almost all the features and parts that I want in my planned partcaster build such as a light weight ash body, a dark rosewood fret board, a neck humbucker(SD 59) with a SD STL-1 in the bridge, Wilkinson dual load bridge, Gotoh compensated brass saddles, and Gotoh vintage-looking tuners. I thought it would be less expensive to buy and modify it than to build a new guitar myself. Besides, I liked the white double binding like a Fender custom telecaster. I placed a bid just before the end of the auction and won.

The guitar arrived yesterday. It is a 2012 Fujigen NCTL-20. Although I'm in the honeymoon period and have played it for only a couple of hours, I feel it will become my No.1. It comes with a 4 way switch. The humbucker can be tapped.

View attachment 984802

Great story and beautiful guitar. May it become your No. 1.

CX Hunter

Tele-Meister
My workhorse is my 18’ A.O

It had a scratch when I bought it so I made up my mind that I wasn’t going to abuse it but I wasn’t going to baby it

It’s got love dings all over and the finish is sinking in nicely although the pictures don’t really capture it well

View attachment 982569 View attachment 982570 View attachment 982571 View attachment 982572 View attachment 982574

I play with the cover on (not just for photos)
Yeah, the shading and the light part in particular is really handsome.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Yeah, the shading and the light part in particular is really handsome.
I usually take terrible guitar pictures but for whatever reason maybe just the right light or something those pictures of it make it almost look better than in person (especially because you can’t see the dings)

bactrian666

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter
Until last year I only owned one. This ‘08 American Standard has been No. 1 and served me well for gigs since I bought it new. I played it unmodified until last fall, after I bought my second Tele. It now has a Seymour Duncan Little ‘59 in the middle, with a 5-way switch. A pull-pot tone pot allows me turn on the neck pickup when I want neck + bridge.

View attachment 983361

I can’t call this my No. 1 because I have only played one gig with it. I can only say that it’s a strong contender for the title. And these days I’m taking my acoustic to most gigs.

View attachment 983365
I've got that Tele Magico and love it!

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Let’s talk about your #1 Telecaster. What makes it your workhorse? Any upgrades? Please give details and show a pic of available. Thanks!
Numero uno. I built it, I already posted a long list of appointments in another thread, but to summarize, ebony fatback neck with 1.75 nut width, Frailin Blues Specials, Callaham bridge. It twangs with the best of them and can snarl when needed.

Edit: Last time I'm posting a pic of this guitar. I think it's been posted like in 10 different threads now.

IMG_20190708_201649.jpg

Last edited:

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
My #1 is very ordinary. After a few years without one I'd got back into Teles with this MiJ custom View attachment 983745

and after finding TDPRI put a fair partscaster together.

View attachment 983746

Neither really gripped me, but I came across a shop damaged 2017 Standard MiM and grabbed it cheap with the aim of using the neck and body, but picking out all the rest myself. Gotoh tuners and 3 compensated saddles, Fender vintage bridge plate. McNelly A2 pickups and standard 3 way wiring harness from James' Home of Tone, who set it up with a new bone nut and 13-52 strings for open D slide. Just luck maybe, but everything clicked into place and it plays and sounds just like a Tele should. View attachment 983747

The middle one looks like Tom Wheeler's famous tele

1652984623683.png

Last edited:

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
The middle on looks like Tom Wheeler's famous tele

View attachment 985013
Spot on! That picture was the first Tele I fell in love with and my first partscaster was very much intended as a tribute to Tom's Tele.

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
Spot on! That picture was the first Tele I fell in love with and my first partscaster was very much intended as a tribute to Tom's Tele.

My wife had him as a journalism professor at Oregon College in the early 90's. Said he was one of her best teachers ever.

Great guy, very missed.