Your #1 Telecaster

eichaan

Tele-Holic
Mine is a Baja Tele from 2016. I've put Mojotone Quiet Coil pickups in, and an anodized pickguard:

TDPRI.jpg

Last edited:

tweedman2001

Tele-Afflicted
Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
Mine's a partscaster made from a MJT lightweight one piece swamp ash body with a WD TMV Fat neck finished by Gears United. It's a 9.5" radius with Medium Jumbo frets fat C shape. Callaham pickguard, Rutters jack cup, Glendale knobs and a Cavalier Hydra Lion pup. It's wired with 1) Huge Lion, 2) Bakerfield Lion, and 3) Huge Lion with a modified Eldred. Fender hardware and compensated bridge. The pickup gets me near P90 and classic 50s Tele sounds
CIMG0232.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG

Absolutely the best playabilty, feel, and sounding Tele guitar I have ever owned. Better than my 52 Custom Shop, Road Worns, 52 RI, and other partscasters I have. Desert Island along with my 1952 Les Paul (modified in the 50s with PAFs and hardware)
I call her "Betty" 'cause she's the "Bomb"

Tim180A

TDPRI Member
My Number #1 Telecaster is this bone stock, 2020 Broadcaster. It just has everything I need to do anything I want...

Sweetness!

Attachments

• Broadcaster3.jpg
    Broadcaster3.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Broadcaster2.jpg
    Broadcaster2.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Broadcaster1.jpg
    Broadcaster1.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Broadcaster6.jpg
    Broadcaster6.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Broadcaster5.jpg
    Broadcaster5.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 9

Matthias

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
2182C6CE-8C1D-48AE-A6C5-68BDA21D2792.jpeg

1994 MiJ. Bottom of the range toploader affair, practically a Squier. Bought it for peanuts off a mate, sold it for peanuts, bought it back for peanuts... I had to do some minor “electrical work” (bending a cap leg to stop it shorting on the control plate :D ), fit a new pickguard, reset the bridge (after this pic) for better alignment and stuck some thin foam on the edges of the saddles to stop some rattles. That’s all it needs. This rocks hard and punches well above its weight.

Brent Hutto

Tele-Holic
I don't have as many guitars as most people around here and only one Telecaster. But since the moment I first played it, that one Telecaster is by a long shot my #1 guitar. Not sure when I'll next have the urge to play one of the others.

It's nothing special, just another Player Telecaster that rolled off the Ensenada assembly line in the spring of 2022. But honestly, if someone were building a neck and fretboard specifically to be 100% perfectly fitted to my hands that's exactly what ended up on my "just another" Player. Wow is it fun to play.

P.S. In an ideal world, if it were really being made especially for me they would have carved a belly cut in it but I'm not complaining...

MatthewK

Tele-Holic
Always (and probably forever) this - 1983, Squier Japan, SQ serial, CTC55 model, bridge pickup swapped out for a Tonerider Hot Classic, posts switched to 250k for bridge. May not look like much but it's got it where it counts. The WRHB is just a bar magnet humbucker but there is something absolutely magical about it.
kGBAtY1.jpg

G Stone496

TDPRI Member
Let’s talk about your #1 Telecaster. What makes it your workhorse? Any upgrades? Please give details and show a picture if available. Thanks!
It’s a 2018 Fender American Performer Tele with a humbucker in the neck. It’s my number one because both the body and neck are resonant and vibrate in your hand and against your stomach when playing. The medium size neck is not too thin or fat and the rounded fretboard edges are fast and comfy. The frets were finished very well. The “Yosemite” pickups are slightly hotter than vintage but versatile, useable and sound great. The guitar is stock except for an aftermarket 4 way Oak Grigsby switch. It gives the 3 standard Tele positions plus a neck and bridge in series that works well as a second fatter lead sound.

6D50640E-5F1A-4CB8-8D02-4A6E5779665A.jpeg
170A24EF-EF5D-4C60-B7D0-28B74B4982F8.jpeg

oatsoda

Tele-Holic
Funny, I still don’t consider this is a partscaster, it’s my 2011 American Special that I got new at the local shop in 2013. Yes, I changed the pups, saddles, and neck plate almost instantly, and flipped the controls to have the volume riding shotgun next to the bridge. Oh, I guess I got rid of the blackguard too, and can‘t remember what this wbw came off. The neck swap came later and is stolen off that 2014 American Standard dakota red. I was so excited about the feel of this neck that I never got around to putting the AmSpcl neck on the dakota body until just recently, it was just parts in a case in a closet, and has still not been played.

Anyway, this is my number one, and I have played it a lot. It has dings, chips, and wear. I didn’t know Oly White poly would change colour so much, but I like it. I keep almost wanting to give it a tummy-tuck operation, but can’t ever quite get my **** together to set up the bandsaw for the initial cut, so maybe it’s supposed to be the shape it is.

Foolish maybe, but one of the things that makes this relatively new guitar feel like such an old friend is the strap. Its the Working Musician leather strap I bought for my Ibanez Roadstar2 bass when I first started playing bass back in 1983. It just doesn’t seem to wear out. Started out pretty stiff, but now feels incredibly supple, yet still strong as heck, must have been quality tanning. That thing has been on my shoulder hundreds if not thousands of hours.

Just threw it on the bed and took this picture. When I looked at it upside down and diagonal, reminded me of one of those shots of Marilyn Monroe stretched out and filling so much of the frame. Maybe I’m a little too obsessed with this guitar, but I just can stop playing it.
AC692EC0-DBEB-4DFD-9D97-9658A81430FC.jpeg