1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

You tube-newby

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Flat Rat, May 8, 2008.

1. Flat Rat

Flat Rat TDPRI Member

Hey all! I am brand new to this forum, I just got a Hipshot E-A-B-E bender for my custom Warmoth Tele and I am still workin out the minor bugs, but I love it! Anyway, I have been researching benders and eventually landed on Youtube. There I was humbled and blown away by quite a few pickers. But the one that just knocked me out was Sol Philcox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwAQKiy7384&feature=related

I don't know how old this kid is, but he has it goin on. Have a listen....
    ~Billy

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. Scott McCray

Scott McCray Tele-Meister

Welcome aboard!

Sol is a member here - soltwanger - man, that young man can play! :D

He has several more videos on YouTube...

There's some absolutely stellar players on this forum - settle in, fasten your seatbelt, grab your popcorn - and prepare to be amazed!:D

Again, welcome to TDPRI!

Scott

3. Flat Rat

Flat Rat TDPRI Member

Yes absolutley the best pickers! I have learned a ton just reading the posts. BTW, what are you going to build with all of that beautiful oak in your pix?
    ~B

4. Scott McCray

Scott McCray Tele-Meister

The live oak is likely going to end up being a jewelry box :eek: - because the stuff is so dang heavy! It has some really wild grain, so I'm going to see if I can keep it reasonably stable when I resaw it. If it holds up without cupping, I will try to make a thinline top with it.

I'll try to get a post up on the progress on the rest of the wood over the weekend - after some more shop time!

5. Flat Rat

Flat Rat TDPRI Member

Nice! I have some really nice quilted maple that I am going to use for my next Tele. I am going to get a Bender kit and customize a few things during the build. Can't wait!
    ~Billy

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.