You Tube Intro...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rickthescot, May 22, 2020.

1. rickthescot

rickthescot Tele-Holic

Like most of us, I use YT for research. If I want to know about a product or how to do something, I'll check out a few YT vids. However, I get annoyed when the vid starts with the idiotic intro: What's up You Tube? Usually shouted. Why on earth would a vid start that way. Say you were a news reporter on scene, would you start your segment with: What's up TV?

richiek65 and Fretting out like this.
  2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

I love the "like and subscribe " demands immediately following the "what's up YouTube ".
    Its basically like a lawyer or realtor asking for a referral before even acknowledging what you're there for.

I get it, everyone wants to be a professional youtuber. I dont care.

Maybe if they started more creatively and had interesting content, they wouldn't have to beg for "likes" and "subscribes" like a crusty wino outside a quickstop......

3. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

Looks like somebody has a case of the "Mondays".... and it's barely Friday!

Mad Kiwi likes this.
  4. Retrobob

Retrobob Tele-Meister

The one I saw said "Hey Youtubers!" Then he showed me how to fix my furnace.

5. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

This happens everywhere. At a lecture, the speaker starts with an intro that goes off script. They could be talking about anything, other than the topic. Another problem is that if you take too long to make the big point, the listeners can tune out and walk out.

I really hate this. It has became a near-hobby of mine to take note of the intro situation.

tintag27 and ReverendRevolver like this.
  6. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Meister

"Interesting, illuminating short film about something you are interested in, delivered for free with no advertising or channel pimping."

(YouTube 2010)

"Listen to me pimp myself and then whore out for likes and subscriptions before I impart unto you this 30 seconds of freely available knowledge which you a) obviously already knew and b) could have got elsewhere without listening to this kind of self-indulgent bilge."

(YouTube 2020)

richiek65 and rickthescot like this.
  7. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Staying squarely within the rules of the forum, I notice the same thing among many in my vocation... preachers who do not introduce the text for 4... 5... 8...10 or more minutes into their homily... which is usually limited to around 30 minutes. This is such a pet peeve of mine. If you’re making an argument of some type, you need to state your thesis right up front, so that people have something to hang their hat on.

tintag27 and Larry F like this.
  8. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I use Youtube for guitar, checking/ comparing prices, availability of local hardware, tools etc. lots of things.
    Music and " How To Play..." for songs. Lessons, Rick Beato and Justin Sandercoe.
    Some nights I don't have the TV on I just surf the net on Youtube.

tintag27 and richiek65 like this.
  9. monkeybanana

monkeybanana Tele-Meister

Yeah the subscribe and like demands are annoying especially when they barely have any videos. We don't even know you yet!

If the content is good people will hit like or subscribe without asking.

10. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I thought you meant the idiotic autoplay when you check out a channel. Some channels disable it, but it really gets in the way when I just want to see a list of videos on the channel.

There is a way to stop autoplay on youtube by adding an app to your browser, but the annoying thing is that it can negatively affect playback of media on other sites, I've tried it before. As in some media won't work anymore. That, and sometimes I use playlists to play full albums and don't want to pause in between the songs.

11. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Hey Bad Dogs, what’s up!

12. ieatlions

ieatlions Tele-Meister

Ya’ll is cranky. Those YouTube videos are giving you knowledge, insight and expertise for f r e e! Just sayin.

Mr Gunny likes this.
  13. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I use YouTube to find out how to do something if a customer hires me to do a job and I’ve lied and said I’ve done that dozens of times , when in reality, I barely know what he’s talking about.*

I never hear what they say at the beginning of any clip because I drag it over to where the info/demo is.

*never leave money on the table/never let it walk out the door and jump in someone else’s pocket just because you don’t know what the hell you’re doing...

14. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

Agreed, this is just the hustle of YouTube. If they don’t get you to like and subscribe, they’re not getting paid. If they’re not getting paid there is almost no incentive to keep uploading videos. Naturally, since we’re dealing with people, some YouTubers will be far more annoying about it. I’ve just always taken it with a grain of sand.

ieatlions likes this.
  15. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Most anything I watch on youtube apart from comedy and music is watched on double speed, with me pressing L 4 times to skip a stupid into

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.