You Probably Have Enough Pedals IF...

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
You probably have enough pedals IF...

1) The investment would have financed two really nice, fancy googlaphonic tube amps...nullifying the requirement for pedals🤔.

2) The investment is more than the car you last purchased.

3) Because of the weight alone, you cannot carry all of them at once...and they will require as many boxes to move as sigoth's shoes.

4) You cannot put all your pedals in one chain without adding additional boosters to keep the signal alive.

5) You find yourself purchasing additional amps so no "good" pedal goes unused.

6) You hoard flat scraps of wood thinking "hmmm...nice pedalboard".

And yet irrationally, there are pedals on your wishlist at your favorite vendor(s).:twisted:

Not me of course...but I've heard there are some...😂🤣😂🤣

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Hello group.
My name is VintageSG and I have too many pedals.
<Hello VSG>
I really only use a compressor/limiter, delay and reverb most of the time. Sometimes, I use an overdrive, or booster, or fuzz or tremolo.
<What's fatso's issue?>
Every now and then, I like to chikka-chikka-wah
<Who doesn't?>
I have valve based fuzz, overdrive and boost
<Great, a hollow-state weenie>
I have solid state fuzz, overdrive and distortion plus op-amp examples of overdrive and fuzz
<I should have gone to Alcs.Anon instead>
Spring, digital and Belton Brick reverbs
<Yawn>
Analogue and digital delays
<Wake me up before you go-go>
An octaver, phaser, auto-wah, harmoniser and a Trio+ plus three different wah pedals and a chorus
<Chorus!, light the pitchforks!, sharpen the torches!>
Then there's the compressor/limiter, a number of tuners, a loop pedal, a looper, power supplies and cables.... I can barely lift the storage box
<Welcome! Gabba gabba we accept you, one of us>

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
1) The investment would have financed two really nice, fancy googlaphonic tube amps...nullifying the requirement for pedals🤔.

2) The investment is more than the car you last purchased.

But, you can get away with buying a pedal because it's a "small" purchase.

eddiemurphythink.gif

W.L.Weller

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The total outlay would have only covered one googlaphonic amp! (But if I'd saved up and bought one amp instead of...some larger number, then I suppose it would be two four-figure amps)

i can quit any time, i don't have a problem.

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
I just found a Boss RV-3 in my basement. I have absolutely no recollection of buying it. I assume I did so after a few whiskeys. But I don't even recall ever wanting one. And I don't recall receiving it and unpackaging it. Strange.

Maybe this doesn't fall under "you-probably-have-enough-pedals if" thread. Maybe it's more of a "you probably drink too much if" thread.