You Might Be a TDPRI Curmudgeon If...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by JayFreddy, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Shapely, yes I can live with that.

JayFreddy likes this.
  2. Mase

Mase Tele-Meister

" chubby chasers" he he.

JayFreddy likes this.
  3. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

I'll see your Baha and raise you one very lovely and talented, Miss Jennie Runk. jennierunk2060.jpg

Shuster and carpenter like this.
  4. Mase

Mase Tele-Meister

hey, no argument from me :) just hadn't heard the phrase for a while.

JayFreddy likes this.
  5. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Isn't she lovely?!

I'm happy to be living in a day and time when shapely and voluptuous are respectable adjectives again.

Shuster likes this.
  6. _Dutch

_Dutch TDPRI Member

<EyeRoll>
    (Insert amp, guitar, strings, pickups, pedal) is too compressed/lacks dynamics.
    </EyeRoll>

Get a thick pick and learn to play. While I fart in the general direction of deluded people who argue that tone is all in the hands/fingers, I will grant that much of dynamics lives there. When I was learning to play - in the eighties - you couldn't just go buy some 100.00 modeller and have the gain to play the popular stuff. Unless you had a pretty nice amp and a place to open it up you had to get creative to have the gain. One thing I learned early was that you could pick harder or softer to control a lot of that. The younger players I was teaching later in the 90's and 2000's really didn't have a clue about that stuff because they didn't have to. Uphill both ways in 10 feet of snow is how I used to get my gain :lol:

JayFreddy likes this.
  7. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Swamp Ash or Mahogany? Maple or Mahogany?
    Is this wood? (I know the quest is usually what wood is this, but you get my point . . .I think)
    What type of pickups should I buy? My . (insert guitar brand p'ups here) . suck!
    Long time lurker, first time ....blah, blah, blah, tonewood, pickup up, Tele, LP ect
    Can I build a guitar out of . . . (insert any wood)
    Where can I buy . . . (you name it anything guitar related)
    Where can I buy . . . (this is usually someone in a random European country and gets responses from mostly American folks

Yup!

This made me laugh.

Yup, how else would I learn about turmeric. I'm only in my forties you know.

JayFreddy likes this.
  8. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

I'm sorry. What do you mean by "might"?

JayFreddy likes this.
  9. KahunaSapien

KahunaSapien TDPRI Member

CAPITALS
    Which pick should i get?
    Steve Vai's solo in Stevies Spanking is the best solo ever played!
    I wired my guitar with push-back cloth 412-strand braided silver wire so it lets the more purer sound waves through! The 108 strand stuff i had on was constricting my sound!

JayFreddy likes this.
  10. SkinnyAss

SkinnyAss TDPRI Member

Wood Tones--THE LAST WORD!

I thought Formica® was good; then I tried Corian®, then compressed concrete, then polished granite, then Corsican Marble. With every increase in hardness and mass, I gained sustain, but I missed warm, resonant tones. I finally found the dulcet, velvety tones of blended/compressed Guatemalan Fruit Bat Guano & Albino Mongolian Pony Manure!!

My guitar sounds great, but for some reason nobody likes to play with me much any more!! The only gigs I ever get are outdoors, in a moderate breeze. They are only Indie Rock, where I play lightening-fast 230 Db totally-unrelated power chords through a pair of Svetlana EL34-equipped Marshall Stacks, occasionally fracture my skull with a Shure 55SH Mic, or Punk, where I wipe juicy boogers on my emergency orange pants-leg, scream incoherently in Abnaki and shake my goodies at my frenzied, DMT-fired, mosh-pit audience.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.