You Might be a Blooze Daddy if..?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by MrGibbly, Nov 21, 2017.

1. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

This is a pretty funny thread.

There's no way that Long Island CL ad is real. It's a trap!

kelnet likes this.
  2. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

...if your tortoise shell pickguard closely resembles your sunglasses frames.

or if you initialed your pickguard with stick-on mailbox letters.

3. luckett

luckett Banned

Huh? The Rolling Stones don't have beards.

drlucky likes this.
  4. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Afflicted

Your stay-at-home wife irons crisp creases in your dad-jeans.
    Your sneakers, sorry, “tennis shoes,” are bigger and whiter than you are.
    Your hand-tooled leather guitar strap cost more than my whole guitar.
    Your personal credo is “just one more chorus...”

BrandonIke likes this.
  5. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Afflicted

IMG_3465.JPG

6. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

The creature you describe is so rare in Baltimore that I hesitate to shame him, lest he retreat further into the protected environs of Roland Park and Mount Washington. I think some of them live up in Towson and White Marsh, but when they come down here to hunt, they change their colors to suit their surroundings like a chameleon.

MA6200 and noah330 like this.
  7. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Holic

Damn I'm both a redneck and a blooze daddy. Oh well I is what I is.

8. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

The Baltimore subspecies congregates farther north in the Mc Mansions in on the Baltimore/ Carroll County lines aka the" Herford Zone" a HUGE pickup w/ leather is the preferred ride and the Hawaiian shirt & Khaki pants are replaced w/ Carhart gear; not usually a dentist or attorney but more likely a sucessfull tradesman, or someone who has worked w/ developers & subdivided the family farm. PRS & Taylor guitars are standard issue.

Minimalist518 and jondanger like this.
  9. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

I dont know what a Gem/Code rig is.

Does that make me a blooze daddy?

t guitar floyd likes this.
  10. jondanger

Oh shoot I have a Taylor. And I'm a dad. Am I . . . a blues daddy?!?!

(I just couldn't spell it like that, I can't I shan't.)

t guitar floyd and william tele like this.
  11. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Do you have a "gimme hat" that is actually the product of a pricy designer, possibly purchased at South Moon Under or other OC surf shop? Is there a "Salt Life" decal on your giant truck?

Flat6Driver likes this.
  12. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

if you cover Gary Moore's cover of Eric Clapton's cover of Otis Rush's All Your Love.
    if you cover Eric Clapton's cover of Freddie King's Hide Away
    if you cover Dave Edmund's cover of Freddie King's Stumble
    if you cover the Blues Brothers cover of anything

13. jondanger

Whew! I think I'm safe. Those "Salt Life" decals are super hard to read and for a long time I thought they said "Sl*t Life." I mean, live how you want, I'm not judgmental. It's also possible they say "Suit Life," which scans for these blues daddies we're (dis)cussin.

14. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

I played a PRS McCarty at blues jam the other night. Full on tiger flame and birds.

Blues chops including countless double stops were in there, it played and sounded awesome.

Just not right despite John Mayer. But of course he’s really a Berklee cat posing as a blues god. It’s all just so confusing and disturbing.....

I felt dirty and begged for my old AVRI tele back.

After about 5 tunes.

15. Pete Baker

Pete Baker Tele-Meister

I have known a few of these guys, some could really play and listen well, some couldn't. It is their elitist attitude that makes me stay as far from them as possible. It is ugly, and brings nothing good to anyone in any way, especially themselves. Almost like they are turning art into a sport that you win at (Degas beat Renoir at the corporate box store sponsored Art-Off!). What is far more interesting to me is that the elitist attitude exists in every type of music that I know of; usually at the hobbyist, enthusiast level. The Rockabilly guys have their mandatory equipment, appropriate topics to sing about, and tattoos to be judged by. The power pop guys seem to excel at this type of snobbery, but in a more clever and passive aggressive way. Jazz, and Classical absolutely reek of this behavior. It seems to be a normal human behavior for some people to try and set them apart from the group and assign themselves a "higher/ better" placement, or just to assign someone else a "lower" position. I don't understand what drives it, but it is fascinating to watch and reaches far beyond music. Almost every long time pro that I have met has been humble and down to earth. Like they understand how lucky they are to be able to support themselves on their craft, and are more interested in staying in business than trying to be the king of a subculture ant hill. My two cents, I'd say more, but have to go put the mailbox letters back on my guitar, and see what sunglasses I can see through the best at night, indoors.

16. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Noah, is that your set list?

noah330 likes this.
  17. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Have you ever met a working pro who feels the need to put down other musicians because of their shirts or choice of guitar? The elitist attitude goes in many directions. Sure, there are the guys you've listed, but there are also the guys who are "above" all of that and look down on folks who enjoy the search for just the right pedal or just the right hat. :)

18. jondanger

Pete, you know what? THANK YOU! It feels nice to be apprecia . . . Hey wait a minute!

t guitar floyd, Pete Baker and elihu like this.
  19. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Guilty as charged. But when i first heard it almost 40 years ago it was the coolest buncha licks ever.

And we needed a break song....something to play while someone says " We're gonna take a 10 minute break for 20 and be back in 30..."

20. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I used to work with a "Blooze Daddy." He'd rent a hall and have his band headline and have a couple of other bands from where we worked play and then have a final jam. They were fun gigs, and he was a nice guy, but just totally obsessed with SRV and was always buying new gear. At one of the gigs he came out wearing a long blonde wig and played Kenny Wayne Shepard tunes. I was kind of embarrassed for him.
    The first time I heard someone call someone a Stevie Ray Vaughnabe was at one of his gigs.

Me, I'm just a pathetic old hippie, so what do I know? If it makes them happy then rock on!

noah330, Pete Baker and elihu like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.