You know you're "old" when (GOML content)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by moosie, Jan 27, 2016.

1. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Anyone remember a "lid"?

2. greggorypeccary

greggorypeccary Friend of Leo's

I saw that one, The Revivalists. They are an awesome band, I've seen them twice, killer stuff and the lead singer really knows how to work a crowd.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tgunsher/albums/72157648653841865

3. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

It might make you feel even older to learn that eBay is over 20 years old. Sleep tight! :lol:

But if it makes you feel any better, my high school 20th reunion is this year, so I'm not exactly feeling psyched about age myself. I have absolutely no interest or intention of going, but the fact that it was pointed out to me is bummer enough.

4. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I remember the moment I heard, in great detail. My wife was pregnant with our son ( ! ); I had a construction business, and I was having coffee, and looking over blueprints with one of the crews. Standing in the frozen mud, somewhere in the woods of Wilton, CT, building a contemporary mansion. I guess one of the guys heard on a radio. It was a punch in the gut.

It was probably shortly after, that I broke two ribs in a fall, building that same darn house.

I still can't believe Macaulay Culkin is 35 years old.

5. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

A few months ago, I found myself explaining an Indiana Jones reference.

I wonder if Culkin would do the aftershave face if asked?

6. tahoebob54

tahoebob54 Tele-Holic

had the TV on one of the music stations and on came the Byrds singing 8 miles high. I told my wife I remember when that song came out, great band great song. Then she asked my how lonf ago did it come out. I say it came out 50 years ago when I was 11 years old. The it hit me " o crap i'm 61 years old now......

7. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Kids I taught have kids that are old enough to go to my school....

8. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Feel happy.
    My 50th high school reunion is this year.
    I'm not going either.

9. wutmornin

wutmornin Tele-Holic

When you remember seeing 50's Chevys parked up and down the street and hearing your dad say how much better the 66 Pontiac we were driving home for the first time was going to be than the 10-year-old heaps cluttering up the neighborhood, you have to take a second to think about it when you find yourself watching tv shows about restoring 1980's trans-ams.

There's nothing new under the sun. Whoever said "you are as young as you feel" probably felt a lot younger than their years, just like everyone else, me included.

10. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I remember when getting a dirt bike about 8' off the ground was getting some serious air and a few suspension units could take that brutal punishment.

11. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

When I was a teenager, classic rock and oldy stations played stuff from the 50s to the 70s. Now they play stuff from when I was a teenager and up and I catch myself thinking: "Classic rock my ***!"

12. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

I'm learning to play the theme from The Munsters. I played it for my guitar instructor, who didn't know the theme.

Carl

13. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

So a few years ago, I reinstalled my turntable after 20+ years, listening to music when my 20 yr old son asks "so how do you fast forward or skip a track?"

14. TeleRooo

TeleRooo TDPRI Member

I saw the Beatles live three times. The Yardbirds, Kinks, Who on their first couple USA tours. The Rolling Stones w/ Brian Jones, and with Mick Taylor. I saw Ron Wood playing bass with the Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart. Met Howlin Wolf, Willie Dixon. Saw Muddy Waters @ the Fillmore West Auditorium as one of the warm up acts. I don't even remember who the main act we went to see was, Muddy just blew us all away live.
    I can't even talk about all the acts I saw to the guys I hang, and play with now. They really are only familiar with the Beatles and the Stones w/ Ron Wood. It was all great, BUT a long time ago.............

15. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

We had family at Christmastime and my grand daughter asked me if my old Remington typewriter played games. I remember when gas was .25 cents per gallon and you got your windows washed, tires checked, oil checked and the attendants referred to you as 'sir' and 'ma'am'. My back goes out more than I do and I think I've now learned everything there is to learn the hard way. It now takes me longer to rest up than it did to get tired. Most everything hurts these days and what don't hurt don't work. Then there's the lady whose cute behind I was just admiring hurries ahead to open a door for me. Yeah, aging sucks...it's unavoidable but when you stop aging...That sucks even more...:lol:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    ringii99 likes this.
  16. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

I have 2 grandsons. There is the distinct possibility that my music will be as relevant to them as a barbershop quartet was to me as a teenager.

17. telecastertodd

telecastertodd Tele-Meister

When your co workers don't know who Lemmy, David Bowie, Glen Frey or Abe Vigoda is.

18. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm getting that pick dropping, right thumb joint thing, too.
    I'm falling apart, I'm an appalling old ....
    Maybe I'll get some of those James Taylor type fake nails.
    Might be fun.
    Those thumb/flat pick things don't work too well, for me.

19. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You just stomp your foot!

:twisted:

20. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Ohhh, yeah.

In Oregon during that time, it seemed like everyone I knew had a lid at home.

Wait. I might not be remembering this right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.