You know you're a lumberjack when,,,,

Chunkocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
lumberjack.jpg

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Yeah, I posted that video a few years ago! Those guys know what they are doing! I cut a big tree once when building a workshop. I had it all figured out, used a plumb bob, planned a scheme to have it fall down hill, etc. When it fell, it missed my house by inches and was way off from my prediction!

otterhound

Poster Extraordinaire
Every time I fell a tree , I place a target out where the top of the tree is planned to end up . No one hist it every time , but some are pretty good at it . Sometimes , things like large limbs tend to roll a tree that was headed to the spot .
I have always enjoyed the Monty Python Lumberjack song . Classic British humor .

archiemax

Tele-Meister
One of my favorite conversations from when I was working at an appointment call center for a nationwide HVAC company:
ME: Thank you for calling First Call Heating and Air, how can I help you?
CALLER: Um, I'd like to see about gettin' me a new air conditioner.
ME: Sure, glad to help. Tell me, how old is your existing unit?
CALLER: Um, about five years old or so.
ME: Five years?? Gee, an AC unit should last a lot longer than that. How long ago did it stop working?
CALLER: Um, a couple of weeks ago when a tree fell on it.
ME: Whoa! What caused a tree to fall on it??
CALLER: Um....a chainsaw.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I topped a tree in my front yard back in 1974 so expertly, the limbs landed on the PG&E power lines that supplied electricity to over 6,000 residents. Thankfully PG&E was able to restore power to them after only about four hours, it only blew out one transformer.