You know you live in Wisconsin when.....

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
The beer section at Woodman’s occupies more space than do the groceries at many grocery stores.
Just watch the dates or dust on the bottles and cans. Woodman's can have a lot of non-pasteurized beer on the floor not refrigerated and 6+ months old.

Some here might agree that it's only really Woodman's with Phil working the front end but they've grown big for that.

middy

Poster Extraordinaire
If the bar "closes", so they can't legally sell you alcohol, but the bartender tells you to help yourself to the rest of the keg for free, you might be in Wisconsin.

If someone hands you a free brandy old fashioned, you are definitely in Wisconsin.

CharlieO

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I think Racine's gotten quite a bit tougher since the 70s, but they're still making good kringle.
I have spent a week or more in Racine twice in the past year and a half. It is still a beautiful town, but it definitely is one of the more economically depressed communities in southeast Wisconsin. It was booming in the ‘50s and ‘60s until most of the major industries packed up and moved south or overseas. I understand that crime and drug use are big problems, but it still is easy enough to live a peaceful existence there.

And yes, there are plenty of options for great Kringle.

Last edited:

Nahtabot

Tele-Holic
Wisconsin has ubiquitous butt rock radio stations; every town has a station where their slogan is "nothing but rock" and you get hit with a Buck Cherry/Queen/Slipknot/Bob Seeger/Finger 11 montage until you lose signal and reach the next available radio market on the highway.

Last edited:

58Bassman

Tele-Holic

Attachments

• Bronze Fonz 2__OTIS.jpg
    Bronze Fonz 2__OTIS.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 12

CharlieO

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Setting my madison biases aside for a moment, I cannot understand anyone who would want a wisconsin without milwaukee. I wouldn't get rid of a single part of this state, no matter how insane I think some of the people are.

Well, except waukesha, of course.

Some people just can't be bothered to leave their barstools and see their own state. I think if they did, they'd feel different.
Well said.

WRHB

Tele-Afflicted