You know what the TDPRI is good for? It's good for making you unhappy with your guitar.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Aug 3, 2018.

1. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted

it totally counts.

Toto'sDad and soulgeezer like this.
  2. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

A few hundred posts IIRC, but as we know, all threads must come to an end!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You're probably right TD but at least for me when I joined I was hooked on the basic Esquire and still am, so I guess I got off easy.

OTOH I learned about lots of pedals to think I might need, and also got turned on to pretty much my favorite amp and even bought one right here in the classifieds: an 18w Marshall TMB.

Overall I've learned a good bit of stuff that others shared and hope I've helped out a few with sharing some of the stuff I'd learned before joining up.

I guess I've also learned to be careful what I say, but that's another story.

I can't say anyone has bashed my gear, but my intelligence has certainly been called into question more than once!

soulgeezer and Toto'sDad like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Actually the atmosphere here is much better now than seven years ago. I don't see how anyone could question you on anything.

The positive posts have made me realize that things are better now than when i first came here.

telemnemonics and soulgeezer like this.
  5. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

That's a lot of words to say your D-18 sucks.

:twisted:

Lake Placid Blue and Toto'sDad like this.
  6. Toto'sDad

:lol::lol:

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  7. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire

I have honestly not experienced this particular situation. It may be that I haven’t bought anything noteworthy enough to bring it to the attention of these ne'er do well‘s but I just haven’t had this happen. Now on the other hand, if I’d seen anyone talk trash about one of yours or Toto’s guitars, I’d let them have it.

P Thought and Toto'sDad like this.
  8. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

ooohhhhhhh!oh, oh oh oh oh angst and more angst, aaaaayyyyygheeeee!
    chemobrain drops dead from overloaded angst circuit.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire

Can you play that accursed thing? My hats off to you if you can. I had a very good friend in grade school who had one of those things... I knew him for a few years and he never gave the tiniest hint he was musically inclined, then one day I’m at his house and he pulls out the accordion and he’s a virtuoso. Well... I’ve been playing piano, guitar and the recorder by this time and my teachers told me I’ve got some talents so I should obviously be able to play that thing. Nope, not even remotely close. My hats off to you if you can make music with one of those.

10. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

There is a lot of great about this forum. It is a valuable resource, with a lot of valuable contributors. I have enjoyed this place very much and learned much here, as well. I also try to give back, when I can, by sharing what I have experienced living with my instruments.

That said, being a public place, there is of course the share of riff raff and some jerks. They can’t be avoided when out in public like this. It’s ok, though, as most people see the jerks for what they are and their statements are discounted as a result.

No matter what your personal taste in guitars may be, there will always be those who are contrary to that and are vocal about it. The important thing is that their opinions are of no importance whatsoever. Follow your own heart and your own taste and fully enjoy it with a smile on your face, regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  11. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I’ll bet it’s a real panty dropper!

12. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

:D ... I thought this was gonna be a funny thread, more about not being able to leave a guitar alone and not being able to appreciate one's gear, until everything that can be modded on it has been. Like guys that have 12 shelves of auto parts add-ons stuck on their one week old F150.

Finally, the funny part about this thread is how something so menial can turn viral here. Been six hours since it started, and I'm now the 92nd poster ! :eek:

P Thought likes this.
  13. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

I tell you, this board sure has made me more "conscious" of my gear. Maybe hyper-conscious. That's ok, though, because before, I didn't give much thought to it. Turns out there *is* a lot to learn, a whole truckload of myths, too, and a ton of options. Coming into an awareness of all that has been a good thing, but it has chipped away at practice time. Only so many hours in the day, etc. But overall, the whole vibe here is overwhelmingly positive. When it's not, it's just persnickety. I rarely see anything really mean-spirited. There are just people here who rightly detest cant and woolly thinking. After all, it's a tele.

14. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I was happy with my gear pre-TDPRI membership with some sub $50 pedals and one amp.

Then I quickly purchased a tele.

And after that it has been one big m'f*********r of a cash rollout for amps and pedals and guitars and cables and recording gear and mics and nightmares and burnt out forum reading eyeballs ... for the same happy.

Was it the tele or was it TDPRI? Coincidence?

awasson and Toto'sDad like this.
  15. Toto'sDad

So long

[​IMG]

16. Toto'sDad

Take a deep breath, let it out slowly, and be HONEST, I think you'll find the answer!

Obsessed likes this.
  17. Toto'sDad

AND we'd appreciate it! Especially Toto, his bite is worse than his bark! Just kidding, Toto only bites dog biscuits.

awasson likes this.
  18. Lake Placid Blue

We’re not here to be honest, we’re here to feed our addictions!! At least I am. Wait...... am I being too honest? Excuse me while I go feed my addiction some more and figure it out

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

It's really bad when you know, you run out of guitar, you get the shakes, and you have to go to the bad part of town, and buy a Johnson Telecaster to get you through the night.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  20. Lake Placid Blue

Once when times were really hard and I couldn’t afford a Johnson Tele, I bought a Squier Bass. Please don’t judge me. Hi, my name’s Lake Placid Blue, and I’m a gear-a-holic.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.