1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

You know, there really ain't much on TV.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Mar 15, 2021.

1. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Just canceled Netflix, wasn't using it much. We have Hulu as part of a package with HBOMax (fyi HBOM has TCM and a ton of Criterion movies) and I doubt I'll ever bail on HBO, but it'd go before PBS "Passport" which is only $5/mo.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  2. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Holic

3fngrs beat me to it! I was singing that song to myself when I scrolled down to his post.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

My brother just watched The Hill Street Blues and The Mayans on Hulu in three week. Said I should watch 'em. I've been too busy lately to watch tv.
    That dog reminds me of my Dad. God rest his soul. Dogs are cool.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Does Alex know someone’s in his chair;)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I ain't gonna shoot it, I just got it! Some things I do like, I watched most of the Players Championship, and figured when Justin Thomas kicked it in gear he would win, and he did. I was glad for the old guy Lee Westwood to pull off a great putt to gain second alone and over a million six hundred thousand bucks in coming in second. He made a putt on the last hole that put over $500,000 in his pocket! I liked the real life drama.

I just discovered my TV came with a whole raft of channels I thought were some kind of charge you for it, but are free. I think over a hundred channels. Bound to be something in there somewhere that I like.

6. Toto'sDad

I think the reason we initially had trouble coming to terms was on first glance he thought I WAS a dog, but you know, the hard living when I was young, just kind of...

Fretting out likes this.
  7. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

I never watch TV, don't even own one. I also eat vegan gluten-free keto as well as doing Pilates and Tibetan yoga.

(I wonder what's going to happen on Real Housewives and Below Deck tonight....)

nojazzhere and Toto'sDad like this.
  8. Toto'sDad

You know the thing I love about golf, is its so separated from real life now. The shots they pull off on TV there is absolutely ZERO chance of an amateur ever pulling off. When I first started playing golf, you might hit the occasional good drive that was a tour distance effort. Now the little guys are carrying the ball three thirty at times, guys like Dustin Johnson, and Byson DeChembeau are sometimes carrying the ball more than three hundred and sixty yards with a driver. Hitting 3 woods over 280. It just ain't going to happen at the muni.

buster poser and Fretting out like this.
  9. Toto'sDad

I know a guy who actually played Sawgrass the course the Players Championship is played on. He has won the City Championship here, and is a pretty steady golfer, also a great competitive local tennis player in his day. He hit that island green that is surrounded by water. He said the day that he hit the green, it took him a seven iron, and he didn't get cute, he just tried to put it in the middle of the green. He was the only one in his group to hit the green. I'd love to play it, but its way out of my league at my age. It cost between five hundred dollars and seven hundred dollars. More if you take a caddy, and you'd be a fool not to.

10. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Buzzz TV. There's people winning new $9K cars. They're my age and they all have hair and look young. I think Betty White has the hots for Allen Ludden.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. Robert Alger

Robert Alger TDPRI Member

Music is way more enjoyable for me. Sometimes I turn on my television just to see if I've missed something, not yet

micpoc, cat dude and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. Rowdyman

Rowdyman Tele-Meister

You've got nerve TD!! Putttin' pitchers of yerself out there on the internet!! Ha ha!!!!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

We don't do daylight saving time here in Hawaii, so, for channels that don't have their own Hawaii feed, shows air an hour earlier between April and October than they do between October and April. This doesn't affect most of the oldies stations, because they are affiliated with the local Fox, NBC, CBS, or ABC stations. But, one of them is a Christian oriented network that shows westerns when they aren't doing religious programming. They have Gunsmoke, Bonanaza, the Big Valley, etc., and lots of western films with John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Audie Murphy, and others. One weekend recently they had Glenn Ford westerns all day Saturday and Sunday, although the original 3:10 to Yuma wasn't one of them. They have Gunsmoke on several times a day, and now they're on an hour earlier this week than they were last week.
    It also affects TCM, which shows everything at the same time to all parts of the country. So, if a movie is on at 8pm on the East Coast, it's on 3 hours earlier, at 5pm on the West Coast, and 6 hours earlier, at 2pm, here during daylight saving time, or 5 hours earlier form October until April.
    I recently found 3 decent channels way up in the 600s above HBO, SHO, Cinemax, Strarz, and Epix, but below the music channels. One is the FX Movie channel, which has a lot of old films from the 30s-50s, and the other two are Flix and IFC, which are both a mix of old sitcoms and movies, mostly from the 80s and 90s.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I miss Jonny Quest.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Soooo, apparently I have not missed anything in the last 40 years. Your comment suggest that it is getting worse. It that possible?:p

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. Toto'sDad

I gotta be more careful about that, I think that's what got them Russian cuties stirred up to begin with.

17. Toto'sDad

It won't matter much to you, one of these days you're gonna get caught out in a blizzard, and freeze up solid. Then when it begins to thaw, a bear's gonna come along and remark, hey a giant mountaineercycle, yum, yum, my favorite. I'll just eat what I can hold, then take the rest home to momma! :D:lol::lol:

18. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I'm just gonna say, I think TV is just fine. To paraphrase that great sitcom writer billy shakes, 'the fault dear obsessed is not in our stars, but in ourselves.'

19. lmjmitchell

lmjmitchell Tele-Meister

I have only watched streaming services for years and it's rarely recent content.

Trying to convince my wife to cancel cable, but she watches a few shows.

20. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

o_O

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.