You know it's a good thing we can't see beyond today, it really is.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I know what you`really thinking.

1653269581891.jpeg

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
There was a Twilight Episode about a guy that threw some coins into a street vendors tray when he was buying a newspaper, and one coin stood up on the end. That gave him the ability to read minds. It turned out to be good, and bad, and when he eventually scored the girl in the office he wanted because he could read her mind (that she was infatuated with him) and had falsely accused an old employee of planning rip off the bank (because he read his mind just fantasizing about stealing money and taking off on a dream vacation). He walked out with his soon-to-be wife and threw some more coins in the tray, and knocked over the standing one, and lost his mind reading ability. Then of course, they lived happily forever.

I think the Twilight Zone covered just about everything that Humanity faces

Last edited:

Doctor of Teleocity
6A3478F5-4C3A-4658-AB4C-9086C0D547F7.jpeg

Paying attention can be a curse. You can see some of what’s coming, but it’s very difficult to help or warn others who are mostly only focused on themselves. Sometimes, it’s just too late.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
If we could read peoples mind - which is different than being able to predict the future - we would be a heck of lot more careful with our thoughts - if you could predict your future (or anyones really) that would take the fun out of life I think.

Either that, or you wouldn't get mugged tomorrow night!

Synchro

Tele-Holic
Some years ago, an acquaintance outlived his wife, for the second time in his life. His first wife died from cancer, a few years into their marriage, and his second wife developed hepatitis and died, perhaps 10-15 years into his second marriage. He remarked that if someone had handed him a script that told him the course his life would take, he would have walked off the nearest cliff.

Had I been more perceptive, I would have avoided some sub-optimal decisions, and perhaps had a better, smoother path, in my life.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Literally just saw this TW episode the other day, and your thread made me think of it. Here's to you TD! ;)