"You Had One Job . . . "

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I did industrial maintenance on breaks in college. I had to replace the latch for the glass lobby entry door. I twisted the tap a little too far and the door became a bunch of Itty bitty pieces of glass on the sidewalk.

Gotta love safety glass.

Uncle Daddy

Friend of Leo's
20180925_105844.jpg

spupilup

Tele-Meister
The company paving our road did an interesting thing yesterday. They installed asphalt curbing but I think they put it in the wrong place. Now the road is about 2 feet narrower. It's going to be a hard for the mailman to deliver the mail now.

Attachments

• IMG_3848.jpeg
    IMG_3848.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 12

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
The facility that pays me to spend my days with them recently spent $15,000,000 on a remodel and got workmanship that includes chronic roof leaks, mismatched door hardware such as that the OP showed, and an HVAC system that can’t be controlled without logging onto the internet if it works at all. The architect swears it is an improvement…

radtz

Tele-Holic
The facility that pays me to spend my days with them recently spent $15,000,000 on a remodel and got workmanship that includes chronic roof leaks, mismatched door hardware such as that the OP showed, and an HVAC system that can’t be controlled without logging onto the internet if it works at all. The architect swears it is an improvement…
for an extra $20,000 they can install a wall thermostat for you.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
A little tip for anyone on their way to prison.

In many prison designs, that door stop is mounted onto a hollow block wall and the cell next door has their door stop at the exact same location inline with the other. So, you remove 2 screws and you have both hidden storage and a way to pass items through the wall to the other cell.

I discovered that trick looking for a shank. That wall was full of weapons.

mr natural

Friend of Leo's
The owners of the office building where I work figured out that they could make a lot more money if they ripped up the employee parking lot across the street and put up a parking garage and a big expensive condo tower and some shops. So that’s what they did. Said employee parking lot had street lights powered by an electrical conduit that ran under the street to the electrical room in the basement of the office building. So they ripped up the parking lot and dug a very deep excavation for the foundation of the new building. 1 weekend it rained. A lot. Someone had forgotten to weld a cap on the electrical conduit on the parking lot end. All of the water in the excavation travelled through the conduit and destroyed everything in the electrical room. It cost over $1 million to fix. To our maintenance guys’ credit, they cobbed something together in about a day so the building could function until it was properly repaired. All because someone forgot to weld 1 little cap on the end of a pipe.

loudboy

Tele-Holic
My son is the director of a huge department at a shipyard. When comes over to my place to watch football, he applies his leadership lessons, and this specific saying, when watching place kickers.

992ce061-9317-413f-8a79-7e45a247287f.jpg

"You had one job."

Bob
Ask the '91 Buffalo Bills about that.
for an extra $20,000 they can install a wall thermostat for you.
We had AC installed last year, and the estimator didn't do a thorough job as to finding the path to wire in the new thermostat/control.

They had such a hard time that at one point they asked if they coud just use a wireless one, and upcharge me only $450 for it. Took them a while, but they finally got a wire thru the damn wall.