You call that a drone? THIS is a drone!

edvard

Friend of Leo's
I'm not the danger-seeking type, nor am I rich, but damn this looks fun. Also seems like an awful lot of money($92k with $22k deposit), time, and effort for 15 minutes of flight per charge, but still:

https://newatlas.com/aircraft/jetson-aero-personal-evtol/
https://jetsonaero.com/

Yes, I know there are other personal flight vehicles that are cheaper and safer and have longer flight times, but it's still kinda cool.

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
oh heck yes! eventually you will be able plunk down $200, sign a waver and rent one. Poor man's Blue Origin.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Like a motorcycle, I'd just kill myself.

The rate of crash and injury among ultralight aircraft is very high (relative to other forms of flight). This appears to be low altitude, which is probably some advantage, but definitely high risk. Falling from 50' wouldn't be comfortable.

Not that I wouldn't strongly consider it if it was reasonably priced. Who doesn't want to fly like a bird?

cometazzi

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The rate of crash and injury among ultralight aircraft is very high (relative to other forms of flight). This appears to be low altitude, which is probably some advantage, but definitely high risk. Falling from 50' wouldn't be comfortable.

Not that I wouldn't strongly consider it if it was reasonably priced. Who doesn't want to fly like a bird?

You can fall 50' at any price, if you're willing to climb a little.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I wait in ripe anticipation for the rise of the do-it-yourself folks. I have seen the future and it includes a whole mess of cr*p falling out of the sky.

img_0030.jpg

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Imagine a 1960s version of that with each of those outriggers supporting an unmuffled 10,000+ rpm two-stroke and small enough props to let it sing. Maybe some McCulloch racing kart engines. Top end overhauls after every few flights would be fun.

whoops, fouled a plu—

That thing is super rad. I’d love to try it.