You buy it, it never shows...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by schmee, Jan 25, 2020.

1. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Anyone else having this issue?

This is like the 3rd time on Ebay. I buy something, usually a pedal or household thing etc.
    -Tracking shows up with a number.
    -Nothing ever changes on the tracking. No updates.
    -Or... updates show it leaving say Minneapolis and going to Chicago, but never really getting out of the area.
    -The item never arrives and never shows accurate tracking. One time an item ended up with two tracking numbers neither of which appeared to go anywhere.

The first time I just thought this was a fluke. Now is like the third or fourth item that this has happened to in maybe a year.
    This item was "guaranteed to arrive on Jan 16th". It's now the 25th. Tracking is no help. It's an inexpensive guitar pedal.
    I filed for a "didnt arrive " refund a couple days ago, but no answer yet from the seller. The seller has thousands of sales.
    Ebay's policy evidently has you wait for an answer for a week from when you complained, before you can get them to step in. ....regardless of how late the item is. Last time the seller never did answer so Ebay forced the refund.
    arghhh....

2. schmee

I know I'll hear about all the Ebay complaints, but what I really want to know is has this type of thing happened to you where the item never shows and doesn't have tracking that works?

3. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I keep buying things that claim UK stock and then they arrive from China, weeks later! Is there a UK in China?

schmee likes this.
  4. Vibrolux59

Vibrolux59 Tele-Meister

That's happened to me but not often. I have around 400 eBay transactions in my past and the vast majority were satisfactory or better. Many purchases before sophisticated tracking we have now. Numbers get mixed up and items sometimes get lost. You are covered that's the main thing.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  5. schmee

Yeah, I have over 1100 transactions, but lately... ugh. I should have bought that pedal off Reverb, not had issues there yet.
    I've been wondering if it's Ebay's shipper service (if these sellers even used it)

Vibrolux59 likes this.
  6. Vibrolux59

Vibrolux59 Tele-Meister

I left eBay and PayPal 5 years ago never to return. Turns out they weren't my pal after all. I've sold a few things on Reverb and made one purchase, went well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.