1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

You Ain't Goin Nowhere

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by T Prior, Feb 13, 2019.

1. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

RAM4, yes good ears, this track I wanted to re-do one section but wanted to keep the rest, so I plugged in a new take for one piece. There is one section to me which is obvious but it had an interesting blend so I decided to stay with it. The thing about it is I don't play it the exact same way each time so I was lucky to get a take that kinda fit .

You are correct in that it is based on various intervals and varied chord positions, of the same root chords, a mix and match kinda thing. It is also worth mentioning that mixing NON bender phrases with Bender phrases can really make a simple bend phrase stand out, even in it's most simple form. We are supposed to be guitar players first I think ! :)

Heres one I am getting ready to share, played all the way thru as I have gig duty with this one , so playing it A to Z is equally important in the big picture. This one is too recognizable to muff it up ! It's 1 min of "Oh Lord ", at least for me.

www.tprior.com/PEF.MP3

I appreciate your comments !

t

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    muudcat likes this.
  2. Smokin OP

Smokin OP Tele-Holic

Nice job Tony. YAGN is one of my favorite songs. Was fortunate enough to see McQuinn & Clark with Marty & the boys a few months ago. Also enjoyed Peaceful Easy Feeling.

asatfan and T Prior like this.
  3. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted

Haaa...That'd be a good trick because the Clark(e)s...Gene and Michael have both been gone for a number of years....You must mean Chris Hillman...I bet those shows were wonderful….

There's a you tube video of McGuinn doing YAGN when he was on Marty's TV show...Marty played a pretty much dead on copy of Lloyd Greens pedal steel intro....good stringbender study material for sure...

It seems everyone who plays the song did the intro slightly different...I don't think Clarence ever played it the same way twice....

asatfan and T Prior like this.
  4. Smokin OP

Smokin OP Tele-Holic

I meant to say McQuinn & Hillman

Don Miller likes this.
  5. Ram4

Ram4 TDPRI Member

You're getting warmer... It's McGuinn. You must be thinking of The Might Quinn!:)

I wanted to see that Sweetheart Tour so badly but I just couldn't make it happen. The videos online are as good as I hoped this tour would be and I hope a pro Blu-ray is released and/or a live album. There is a chance they might keep the tour going later this year. Hillman said he hadn't had that much fun on tour in 40 years. Marty's enthusiasm is contagious and the whole thing about him playing Clarence's guitar along with a pro-level country band makes this as perfect a setup as you can imagine. It's a crime they didn't go for bigger venues (even Red Rocks in Colorado would have been great - I'd definitely go for that show) and a lot more dates. I have a feeling Roger is the one holding back on that happening.

6. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

T Prior likes this.
  7. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Holy crap!!! I love your playing on this one!!! Do you have a set of B/G benders or is it just a B-Bender Tele?? The reason I ask is because it's played so effortless that it sounds like there's two benders being played.

T Prior likes this.
  8. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Superb

T Prior likes this.
  9. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Ha ! Thx for the nice words. :) No , just a Fender PG Bender. ( B-Pull )

While I'm not sure where the B/G thing could be assumed, it's probably more of just the way I play with no picks. Also being a Steel player maybe I phrase things a bit differently. For years I have been a non bender player only toying with them on and off. I do think my tenure on Steel has a big influence on the approach.

Also add that there are so many fine Bender players right here on this board that I pick up bits and pieces from, Forrest Lee, Paul McEwen , Jim Sliff...etc...

Remember though, we are guitar players first and Bender pullers after that, the more we can figure out without the Bender the better off we will be when we do add the pull .

Think various root chord positions and intervals.

have fun !

t

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.