Yorkville EXM400 mini PA

screefer

Tele-Afflicted
There are four of us...Two singers, guitar and bass. We use a beat buddy for drums.
We play for fun in house and outside for at the most 30 people.
As we switch houses often, we thought a portable PA would cut down on packing our hodgepodge of assorted amps and gear.
I find out soon about a used EXM400 and wondered if any of you more experienced members have used one.
Thanks

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
As long as no instruments through system. I saw a couple high end Bose systems like that who ran instruments into it. Kind of wonky. But those my ears.

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I know nothing about that system. Based on the new price I see I would get the Bose towers.
You dont need to spend a lot though.
For a duo situation I use some Alto Troupers. They are small tower like units and are about $200 each new.
They have been fine, I previously used two JBL Eon 10's.
Nice to have a small mixer with either though.

screefer

Tele-Afflicted
Long & McQuade is the retail division of Yorkville, a Canadian company

I didn't know that. L&M is where the used deal is.

As long as no instruments through system.

We wish to run everything through it.

For a duo situation I use some Alto Troupers.

We are also considering two Alto TX210s with an Alexis mixer...https://www.long-mcquade.com/182784...ixer-with-Effects-and-USB-Audio-Interface.htm

Would either of these be as good as a Rumble 40 for the bass guitar?

Thanks

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I didn't know that. L&M is where the used deal is.

We wish to run everything through it.

We are also considering two Alto TX210s with an Alexis mixer...https://www.long-mcquade.com/182784...ixer-with-Effects-and-USB-Audio-Interface.htm

Would either of these be as good as a Rumble 40 for the bass guitar?

Thanks
No idea about playing bass through them. There are some tiny bass amps that really put out. I worry about what bass through a small PA will do to the vocal sound.

screefer

Tele-Afflicted
bass through a small PA will do to the vocal sound.

Good point. Never thought of that. We have zero experience with PAs.
Right now we are using small fishman acoustic amp for guitar (yamaha apxt2) and vocals and Rumble 40 for bass and beat buddy.

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Good point. Never thought of that. We have zero experience with PAs.
Right now we are using small fishman acoustic amp for guitar (yamaha apxt2) and vocals and Rumble 40 for bass and beat buddy.
I use the two Alto's mainly for distribution in a small venue, aiming them different directions. The Bose (or maybe the Yorktown?) distributes sound somewhat unidirectionally. So that's a thought.