Yet another homebrew backer

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I put some effort into this one. Gibson Blue Ridge acoustic, Ibanez AS-50, clean, dirty and slide on the 3 electric guitar parts all though a Spark Positive Grid.

I'm impressed! The acoustic is subtle and very effective. The slide is Beatlesque and reminds me of George Harrison. You turned this dark ambient thing into a pop song! Very creative!

PatrickM01

TDPRI Member
Many thanks for your takes guys(hopefully, there may be a few more to come). All the players on this site are so good. It's cool how everyone takes a track in their own unique direction. @klasaine - in my view your take meshes seamlessly with the backing track and interacts with it very nicely ( as opposed to drowning it out which is easy to do). I think that your effort was very well done and, in sum, "artistic".

I will take this opportunity to post my version but I am a little afraid that it might be "autistic":

klasaine

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
@PatrickM01 ...
Thank you for the thoughtful critique!
It's a lot easier to "sit in the mix" when there's little to no traditional guitar on the backer.
Your BTs, though sonically big, have plenty of space for both electric and acoustic guitar parts.

Gytaurust

Tele-Meister
Many thanks for your takes guys(hopefully, there may be a few more to come). All the players on this site are so good. It's cool how everyone takes a track in their own unique direction. @klasaine - in my view your take meshes seamlessly with the backing track and interacts with it very nicely ( as opposed to drowning it out which is easy to do). I think that your effort was very well done and, in sum, "artistic".

I will take this opportunity to post my version but I am a little afraid that it might be "autistic":

As the father of a child who was born into the spectrum of autism, specifically Asperger’s Syndrome, and now a fine 37 year old adult male, I eagerly await your “autistic” performance….I know firsthand just how marvelous that can be as I’ve learned so much from John.
Another great backer btw! Gonna take a crack at it myself when time permits😉.

Gytaurust

Tele-Meister
Absolutely no worries friend...no need to apologize, however of course I accept them....I know you meant no harm Patrick....I enjoyed playing on your latest Homebrew Backer today and I agree with you regarding @klasaine's entry.....it was a serendipitous stroke of genius pairing "Caravan" with your track....I mean, hot damn!...I was listening to it last night with my eyes closed and it just transported me....there are some great moments in this forum...

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Another cool track Patrick!

Very nice rendition Ken. I've been stuck on listening to Frank Vignola and Julian Lage playing Caravan and Nuages. I came in singing Caravan in my head on your recording at the same time you started and that was cool.Then I quit thinking and gave it all to you.

Last edited: