Yesterday was a bad day :(

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Nickadermis, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

I went into the city and was walking down the street and I looked down and found a whole hat full of money........... so I grabbed that sucker up..................then some crazy lunatic with a guitar started chasing me down the street :rolleyes:

:D

2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

That was my last hat!

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Well if the hat was just layin' there...

4. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

did the hat fit? what type of hat? and really, was it a hat or a cap?

I once found a guitar case with cash in it also. I needed a case so I took it and also got chased by some kook with a guitar. do you think the case might have been one he wanted? after all I did see it and grab it first

5. Nickadermis

The gall of some people ! After we find a hat or a case , it’s ours ! Don’t be trying to hog in on our find ! Get your own darn hat ! :p

Toto'sDad and william tele like this.
  6. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

yea, I know.
    I once found a bag with over $5,000 in it. i asked my girlfriend what I should do. she told me if it belonged to a poor family I should give it back

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Well, I am pleased but mostly very relieved to see this thread is just for fun.

But you scared me, man! I thought you'd gotten some bad news from your doctor.

Easy does it.

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

One time when I was driving truck locally, pulling an end dump, I was on my way out to the rock plant when I spied a ladder lying on the ground. I quickly stopped, backed up and got my ladder, I knew it was my ladder because it had brown paint on it, we had been painting the eaves of our house the exact same color. About that time some doofus in a pickup truck pulled up and said hey that's my ladder, I said, look mister, that ladder is mine, look at all the brown paint on it. He kept insisting it was his ladder, but I wasn't giving up on the ladder. I had the theory that my brother in law who lived out that way had borrowed my ladder, and carelessly lost it. By the time I had finished explaining this all to the guy who kept insisting that the ladder was his, I had securely fashioned it to the area behind the cab before you get to the fifth wheel. I said get on out of here, you ain't gettin' this ladder. When I got home that night, I was really surprised to find that I now had TWO ladders with brown paint on them! :eek::D

9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm sure it wasn't my hat. When I play, instead of dropping money in the hat, people drop scraps of paper in it telling me how much I OWE THEM!:(

Toto'sDad and Nickadermis like this.
  10. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

You guys get paid?

11. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

And hat's the end of that....badaboom tsch!

12. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

But luckily those skinny, coke-crazed musicians don't have much stamina, and can be easily outrun.....don't ask how I know. ;)

Nickadermis likes this.
  13. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Friend of Leo's

In 24 years of guitar playing, I've almost saved up enough to buy me a hat.

nojazzhere and Nickadermis like this.
  14. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

you shoulda asked him if he's a 7/14"

Nickadermis likes this.
  15. Nickadermis

Sorry about that ! I should have titled that a little more upbeat ! But when a friend sent me this I just HAD to share :)

I’m taking a few weeks off from treatments, the neuropathy has become debilitating unfortunately in my legs and hands. I have difficulty standing unaided. My guys are building me a ramp for my mobility chair so I can get back outside some. But I’m hopeful that at least a partial recovery of use will be forthcoming. 60 days ago I walked 3 miles a day. So we are hopeful that the damage is reversible. At least this time the pain is bearable , everything just went numb.
    I will discontinue treatment altogether if this continues but my Doc says she thinks we can manage it. She and I have overcome a lot together these last couple of years so I’m still giving her the reigns :) At this stage in the game I feel like it’s been a pretty good run, :)

I am sorry though Boris ! :(

Harry Styron likes this.
  16. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

My one busking experience years ago made ~$10 or so. I was in gradschool in SLO. My wife was out of town, and I was bored. Grabbed my acoustic, walked to the farmer's market, picked a spot by a tree, and just started playing. No song list, or whatever. Just played whatever I felt like. I wasn't expecting anyone to listen, so I just played whatever. I did play songs, though, and not just noodle. I say that because one guy actually came up to me and asked me if I was actually playing songs. I was playing my world famous one-off, make up on the spot version of Them's version of Please Don't Go. He looked kinda bummed. Anyway, where was I. Oh yeah, busking

Busking. I never even heard the word until recently. *taps fingers*

I didn't even expect to make any money, didn't even think of putting a hat or jar or whatever. I remember a few folks dropping a few bills in front of me, and it totally surprised me. I was like, thanks(?). I was a poor gradschool student, so I was kinda stoked I guess. Probably spent it on a burger or tacos or whatever.

Nickadermis likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.