Yesterday... The Movie

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I've said too much about something that doesn't matter. I hope everyone enjoys Yesterday, tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

I think you mean kibosh?

nojazzhere and RLee77 like this.
  3. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

Given that facts that A) it a good premise for a movie and B) It directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire AND the excellent 28 Days Later) I'll be going to see it in the first week.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Afflicted

Watched the trailer... Let me guess, the 2 blokes in the movie who contend that they wrote the songs are...

5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not sure they are doing music any more. I watched a few minutes of a concert of theirs a year ago and it sounded like they were just dabbling in it as a part time hobby.

Torren61 and 2 Headed Goat like this.
  6. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Well, Ed Sheeran's in it, so count me out.

7. stax

stax Tele-Afflicted

Richard Curtis films are great for a family night in, you know what you're gonna get.
    I normally drop off for a hour or so and the wife and daughters tell me what a great film I missed.
    As for Ed Sheeran I happened to work on a scene for his new video a couple of weeks ago and spent a good while talking about guitars and the local music scene, never heard one of his songs but what a smashing youngster, I was really impressed with the bloke.

teletimetx, BCblues55 and Torren61 like this.
  8. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

Not seen it but do want to whether at the flicks or on Netflix/cable.

The premis is redicuolous but it probably is a huge change up from the repetitious trash the studios have turned out in recent times, how many episodes of comic book movies does the world need.

Open eyes, open ears and ready for some mindless entertainment.

I did see them live back in 1965 and have been a fan since the beginning and the trailers suggest it is about the songs which are undeniably classics in the pop genre

9. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's

I’ll wait to watch it at home. Maybe... It seems kind of.....a bunch of one liners on a weak premise for a movie. Hey dude...come on.

2 Headed Goat likes this.
  10. Larmo63

Larmo63 Tele-Afflicted

We don't go to movie theaters anymore.

Why would we give money to people we can't stand and who can't stand us?

Scooter91, bgmacaw, nomadh and 2 others like this.
  11. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I loved it. It had the joy of that thing you do, it had the ability to make you hear songs you know by heart as though it were the first time and it tackled the Hugh Everett ideas about physics and dimensional existence in a simple form, easy to digest. It had a minority who completely immersed himself in the 'power culture' and loved it for what is magical about it... It did not do the things that typical movies do... the agent was strangely transparent and actually kind of honest in her corrosive way. My daughter works in the entertainment business in Beverly Hills and one of my sisters also did and, well, it is truer to life than we'd probably like to admit.

the scenes where he records with a local guy and his gf are fantastic and fun. Ed Sheeran is very good and very funny as well.

I give a thumb's up! We enjoyed it, the lead was a good singer and made it all human and fun and eye opening.

One last bit. It was a NOISY theater crowd who had some difficulty setting in.. alas it was predominantly the 45-X crowd and no children.

12. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Friend of Leo's

I’ll go watch it for sure.

Torren61 and nojazzhere like this.
  13. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I have to give money to people I can't stand and who probably can't stand me all the time......I just won't go where people WON'T BE QUIET! :)

Jim622, Chunkocaster and Toto'sDad like this.
  14. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I grew up with the Beatles an influence that defies modern belief. My wife saw them in Chicago and my best friend was a lifelong huge fan. My friend was the first one in town to get Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road and the White Album. He’d call me over and I’d get a listen. Great memories.

I watched the trailer and it looks like harmless fun with good music included. I’ll watch it somehow, somewhere.

boredguy6060, nojazzhere and Torren61 like this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You don't get out much do you? :D

nojazzhere likes this.
  16. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

I'm from the same era. I saw them on Ed Sullivan and on Shindig. Check out this clip especially I'm A Loser starting at 3:00 . It's great, it was live on TV.

I got their albums as they came out and learned every song. That's when I realized how great they were. They had no peers. No one was doing what they were doing or as good as they were doing it. The songwriting was as good as any of the established modern songwriters.

If people want to see this movie (I don't), that's cool. There is too little interest in music these days. Maybe the Beatlemania vibe will help lift the mood of society today. Bring us together instead of separating us like what has happened recently.
    All You Need Is Love.

17. nojazzhere

Usually when I DO get out, I'm able to drown out their yapping by turning up my amp, or singing louder!

18. nojazzhere

I guess I've been "conditioned", but they just don't look right with Paul over where John usually stands. That combination of Paul and George both facing "forward" just WORKED. (visually)

Torren61 likes this.
  19. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

For those who have seen it did you notice any product placement, brand names or stealth marketing going on?
    Were the instruments current brand name offerings?

20. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Just saw and enjoyed it. A good movie though not a great one. But there is one scene that got the tears going if I’m honest. You’ll know it when you see it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.