Yellowstone revisited.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Well, no grand finale last night like we had last year. I knew Beth was not down for the count last week, and she sure enough stirred up some doo-doo last night, after getting back in daddy's good graces. She finally revealed that she is the descendent of Thulsa Doom and can actually bring about a person's demise purely through the art of persuasion. Not having had enough attention ala Antonio Brown, she then kidnapped a priest and got married. I hope Kayce after sitting out in the cold for four days and nights and having a conversation with a wolf who turned into a woman, doesn't turn into a wolf, and get run over while he's crossing the highway. (We really went off in la-la land with that)

Jamie proved last night that his character is a slug who is beyond redemption, but that was pretty much settled long ago. Shooting his own dad to avoid having to face John, and or Rip proves that while Antonio MIGHT be redeemable, there is no hope for Jamie. Then again, we know what he does for a living now.

I thought it was really cool how they cleaned up Jimmy, made him a real cowboy, fixed him up with a good woman, gave him back his backbone, and even made him look cool. It sure looks like Mr. Sheridan isn't done with Jimmy, or maybe he just sent him out of the show in style. At any rate, "he's gone for Texas."

I find myself this year not really caring whether they come back next year or not. I've enjoyed the show, but there are only so many things you can do on a ranch, and I think they've pretty much covered it.

d barham

Tele-Afflicted
Glad to see things work out for Jimmy. Really wanted to see Jamie do at least one honorable thing but I guess it isn’t in him. Although I’m glad his dad is gone. It’ll be interesting to see where the writers will go with the story line if there are future episodes.

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
Aww. I was going to say I had not visited Yellowstone since the summer of 1979. I think we are talking about two different things. :D
Yeah, I was expecting pictures of hot spots in the meadows where falling snow instantly turns to steam surrounded by 30-foot drifts and such. Imagine my chagrin...

dhodgeh

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Wifey and I both thought the season finale was bit weak. The most memorable moment for us was the discussion in the bunk house about whether chili has beans or not....

D

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Well, no grand finale last night like we had last year. I knew Beth was not down for the count last week, and she sure enough stirred up some doo-doo last night, after getting back in daddy's good graces. She finally revealed that she is the descendent of Thulsa Doom and can actually bring about a person's demise purely through the art of persuasion. Not having had enough attention ala Antonio Brown, she then kidnapped a priest and got married. I hope Kayce after sitting out in the cold for four days and nights and having a conversation with a wolf who turned into a woman, doesn't turn into a wolf, and get run over while he's crossing the highway. (We really went off in la-la land with that)

Jamie proved last night that his character is a slug who is beyond redemption, but that was pretty much settled long ago. Shooting his own dad to avoid having to face John, and or Rip proves that while Antonio MIGHT be redeemable, there is no hope for Jamie. Then again, we know what he does for a living now.

I thought it was really cool how they cleaned up Jimmy, made him a real cowboy, fixed him up with a good woman, gave him back his backbone, and even made him look cool. It sure looks like Mr. Sheridan isn't done with Jimmy, or maybe he just sent him out of the show in style. At any rate, "he's gone for Texas."

I find myself this year not really caring whether they come back next year or not. I've enjoyed the show, but there are only so many things you can do on a ranch, and I think they've pretty much covered it.

LOL!!!! It took me about 2/3 the way through this to finally figure out that you're talking about a TV show! :lol::lol::lol: I originally thought to myself "Ummmm.... WTH is TD talkin' about? People turning into wolves, Thulsa Doom, la-la land? Did he forget to take his meds today or something?" ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: You really had me going there! :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Glad to see things work out for Jimmy. Really wanted to see Jamie do at least one honorable thing but I guess it isn’t in him. Although I’m glad his dad is gone. It’ll be interesting to see where the writers will go with the story line if there are future episodes.

What Jamie proved last night it that he IS the son of his real dad. Hid dad killed his mom, Jamie killed his dad. They are two of a kind. Don't misunderstand, if they come back, I'll watch, there are just some really interesting characters on the show. I really don't care for the way Kayce's old lady, and her constituents are dragging him around by the nose, while removing his backbone in order to HELP him. I'm thinking the best thing old Kayce could do would be to beat it on out of there, hook up with the horse lady, and just go ahead and kick in the alimony and child support. Otherwise, I think he's gonna end up like Antonio.

Somewhere in the future. Opening scene of new series: Rip honey, have you done the vacuuming yet? No honey, I haven't but I'll get right on it. Welcome to the BETH, and rip show.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Wifey and I both thought the season finale was bit weak. The most memorable moment for us was the discussion in the bunk house about whether chili has beans or not....

D

Yes sir, and that question has arisen right here on the Bad Dog!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
LOL!!!! It took me about 2/3 the way through this to finally figure out that you're talking about a TV show! :lol::lol::lol: I originally thought to myself "Ummmm.... WTH is TD talkin' about? People turning into wolves, Thulsa Doom, la-la land? Did he forget to take his meds today or something?" ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: You really had me going there! :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:

I'm just like Mr. Sheridan, I just writes 'em, it's up to you to figure out what I'm talking about! :D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I'm just like Mr. Sheridan, I just writes 'em, it's up to you to figure out what I'm talking about! :D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And.... I like it! Keeps my old brain cells movin', which I need more and more these days! :D:D:confused::cool: At first I thought you'd taken some wild trip to Yellowstone with Mrs. TD for New Years, and ran into witches and wearwolves and such! :lol:

d barham

Tele-Afflicted
Yes the Casey storyline has been disappointing this season. I’m afraid that eventually maybe sooner than later, they’re gonna have to kill off the old man (Costner) to move the story along.

longbow

Tele-Holic
Well can't say I haven't watched at least one episode maybe 2 at the most and that is with switching between it and Sun. night football amongst other programs. Just about like every other prime time programing it is just so far fetched as to me to be unbelievable. Supposedly it is the number one cable show so must be folks are watching it. The chick on there the blonde, I actually know someone of the fairer sex that is just about like her though so that might be saying something. stay safe

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yes the Casey storyline has been disappointing this season. I’m afraid that eventually maybe sooner than later, they’re gonna have to kill off the old man (Costner) to move the story along.

The thing with killing off John though, is that the whole show is about him, and Yellowstone, the rest of the characters really are just very good supporting actors. I don't think any of them can carry the load of the lead. Rip is a great on camera and is very believable as the guy who can kick anyone's rear-end, but he himself has said brains aren't his strong suit. Kayce had real potential, but now, I don't like ANYTHING they've done with his character during the last season. Kayce the guy who was cool enough of head to survive an attack by multiple assassins, has now been reduced to staring into a firepit, and whining about something that MIGHT happen. Beth is really cool, but like 180 proof whiskey, you can't stand too big of a dose of her at one time. Jamie just reminds me of looking into a stopped-up toilet.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And.... I like it! Keeps my old brain cells movin', which I need more and more these days! :D:D:confused::cool: At first I thought you'd taken some wild trip to Yellowstone with Mrs. TD for New Years, and ran into witches and wearwolves and such! :lol:

That could happen you know! :D:D:D

d barham

Tele-Afflicted
Is there an 1883 thread?

not sure I’m on board with 1883 yet. Teasing a new series is one thing, but I feel like the people in charge of such are relentlessly trying to cram it down our throats. It doesn’t sit well. I haven’t watched it yet, maybe someday.