Yeah, I know I’m late to the party, but I’m finding Yellowstone…

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
…disappointing.

I know it was on some streaming service that we didn’t have, so then it pops up on Peacock and I say oh , all right, sure everyone seem to like this, so the wife and I will dive in.

Ehhhh, then I start getting whiffs of “broadcast TV” in it. 😮

And we’re only five or six episodes into the whole thing.

Like there’s no nuance, many of the characters are cartoony/caricatures and there’s nonstop (nonstop) action - just like a broadcast TV cop show. You know, how an actual real cop will maybe fire his gun once in his whole career and the broadcast TV cops shoot someone every week?

So, I might propose to my wife that we just watch Open Range (which she hasn’t seen but she likes Diane Lane) and just put this whole thing to bed.

I think there’s a lot of episodes of the “Costner plays a rich/powerful anti-hero* soap” left…😕

*Yet another Tony Soprano retread, this time Tony’s in Montana !

Last edited:

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I think it's pretty good, but I get what you are saying also.
Fortunately I can't Peacock or Paramount +... wont work for me. Tried. Tried a bunch of stuff. Pretty much just buffers constantly... downloads for 5 seconds, then plays for 10-15 seconds then downloads for 5 seconds then play for 15 seconds... just downloads for 5 seconds, then plays for 10-15 seconds then downloads for 5 seconds then play for 15 seconds...just downloads for 5 seconds, then plays for 10-15 seconds then downloads for 5 seconds then play for 15 seconds...just downloads for 5 seconds, then plays for 10-15 seconds then downloads for 5 seconds then play for 15 seconds...just downloads for 5 seconds, then plays for 10-15 seconds then downloads for 5 seconds then play for 15 seconds...

I have 5 other streaming services that work fine.

Mark E Rhodes

Tele-Meister
My wife and I enjoy it. It's over the top, yes. We go for that from time to time.
Nowhere near this much rodeo in a cop show, though. ;o)
The premise is that the Duttons have a huge ranch and lots of people want to take all that land from them, by fair means or foul.
As Beth told her father in a recent episode, "There is no peace here."

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Beth…

But, they have her talking ‘Murican !

If you see her in a movie where she’s using her actual Irish accent, might need to chew a couple aspirins so you don’t have an MI ! 🤣

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Beth…

But, they have her talking ‘Murican !

If you see her in a movie where she’s using her actual Irish accent, might need to chew a couple aspirins so you don’t have an MI ! 🤣
I tried watching Yellowstone at least three or four times, just couldn't handle it. My brother-in-law kept telling me how good it was, ya gotta watch it he'd say. Finally, one day I watched the first one, then another, and another. Over time, I watched all of them, and was wound up for the fourth season, which I found a tad disappointing, but still, I'm looking forward to however many more of them they make. Even the horses and dogs cuss on Yellowstone.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I tried watching Yellowstone at least three or four times, just couldn't handle it. My brother-in-law kept telling me how good it was, ya gotta watch it he'd say. Finally, one day I watched the first one, then another, and another. Over time, I watched all of them, and was wound up for the fourth season, which I found a tad disappointing, but still, I'm looking forward to however many more of them they make. Even the horses and dogs cuss on Yellowstone.
Okay, I'll admit it. I want to be Rip. Always did.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Okay, I'll admit it. I want to be Rip. Always did.
When my mountain man brother-in-law was Rip's age, he WAS Rip! He was a real-life cowboy and would fight a circle saw at the drop of a hat. He could just LOOK at a guy and scare him. Alas, age has taken all of that from him in just the last few years, but he lived an exciting life while he was able. I think that's why I like watching it. Seeing Rip and his full speed ahead life reminds me of my brother-in-law. Only difference, my BIL married his childhood sweetheart and never left her side for all of her days.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
When my mountain man brother-in-law was Rip's age, he WAS Rip! He was a real-life cowboy and would fight a circle saw at the drop of a hat. He could just LOOK at a guy and scare him. Alas, age has taken all of that from him in just the last few years, but he lived an exciting life while he was able. I think that's why I like watching it. Seeing Rip and his full speed ahead life reminds me of my brother-in-law. Only difference, my BIL married his childhood sweetheart and never left her side for all of her days.
Yeah . . . The Marlboro Man, without the Marlboros. But I dunno - - maybe you can't be one without the other? Sometimes, heroes exist in real life.

2022-04-21 13_58_14-marlboro man at DuckDuckGo - Brave.png